Options

Some glass shots

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I hadn't picked up my camera in almost 3 weeks since I just moved and things were so hectic. So I stopped everything two nights ago and set up a pseudo studio in my garage.
Here are two of the results:

Click on shots for EXIF
184216227-L.jpg

184216485-L.jpg

C&C not only welcome. It's warmly invited.

-Jon

P.S. It is soooo nice to have a full garage at your disposal. I already have all kinds of Frankenstein ideas for lighting modifiers floating through my head!

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I hadn't picked up my camera in almost 3 weeks since I just moved and things were so hectic. So I stopped everything two nights ago and set up a pseudo studio in my garage.
    Here are two of the results:

Click on shots for EXIF

C&C not only welcome. It's warmly invited.

-Jon

P.S. It is soooo nice to have a full garage at your disposal. I already have all kinds of Frankenstein ideas for lighting modifiers floating through my head!

Wow Jon, I like both shots.

The second shot is excellent you can clearly read all the text on the Vodka bottle without any light reflection that often happens when using lights to illuminate Glass clap.gif

Very very impressive Jon thumb.gif
    Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    very cool i liked them both thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Thanks Skippy & Awis.
    Light: Science and Magic (third edition) by Fil Hunter & Paul Fuqua is an incredible resource that really teaches you not only how to light things like this. But why you light things like this so you can go into any situation and confidently light it.
    It can be a bit dry in places. But I genuinely believe it's a must have for any professional photographer. (I'm not a pro though obviously)

NOTE:
    Make sure to get the third edition. THie forst two editions are B&W print.

All the best,
    -Jon