Options

Jose's Bar

amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited February 27, 2005 in Landscapes
A colorful little watering spot, perhaps in Cozumel, Mexico. One never knows for sure where one is after one visits an establishment like this, does one? I added a dollop of noise to the recipe because after all, one's vision is never really that clear in this neighborhood, is it?
16422400-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Mexico or Jamaica were you that drunk?1drink.gifThat's a nice photo with a pleasing color palette..
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    amc wrote:
    A colorful little watering spot, perhaps in Cozumel, Mexico. One never knows for sure where one is after one visits an establishment like this, does one? I added a dollop of noise to the recipe because after all, one's vision is never really that clear in this neighborhood, is it?
    I found this to be pleasing as well. Please, sir, save me a barstool and I'll buy you a drink. mwink.gif
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    amc wrote:
    16422400-M.jpg
    A friend of mine was in Tel a Viv, Israel (sp) while on leave from the united nations forces in Lebannon. He found a bar which had a sign outside " $30 and drink as much as you want". He enjoyed himself :slurp. When he returned the following night the sign read " $30 and drink as much as you want ....... NO IRISH !!!!! "
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    shay wrote:
    A friend of mine was in Tel a Viv, Israel (sp) while on leave from the united nations forces in Lebannon. He found a bar which had a sign outside " $30 and drink as much as you want". He enjoyed himself :slurp. When he returned the following night the sign read " $30 and drink as much as you want ....... NO IRISH !!!!! "
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    amc
    Love it... great color great texturethumb.gif
    And not sure why but when I run my curser over your avatar I laugh my a$$ offrolleyes1.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Fred, I'm glad you like the photo, but you have me confused about my Avatar. Nothing should happen when you run your cursor over it...what exactly are you seeing?

Of course, since you did touch my Avatar, it would be best if you washed your cursor. In fact, you should really autoclave it.

amc
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    amc wrote:
    16422400-M.jpg
    It's a great shot and it does look as it would after too much tequila.thumb.gif
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    amc
    It just looks like you are pointing your finger up

I have a weird sense on humor rolleyes1.gif

( Of course, since you did touch my Avatar, it would be best if you washed your cursor. In fact, you should really autoclave it. )
    you must be a Dentist or Dr. ?

Fred
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    This looks more like a bar in Negril or Montego bay, based on the Jamaican flag, rum and Red Stripe posters. Plus the "Third World" poster, they are a reggae band.

Doug
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Nice colours AMC!!

Good shot, thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    shay wrote:
    NO IRISH !!!!! "
    One side of my family were irish shearers...& they wonder who taught the 0zzies to drink.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    One side of my family were irish shearers...& they wonder who taught the 0zzies to drink.
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    shay wrote:
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.
    Laughing.gif, but you've got great ale.... rolleyes1.gif We only have beer.... Only some places offer a nice pint o' Guiness or draught Murphys. Don't even mention the more 'exotic' ales like the Scottish Belhaven... Luckily my favourite bar serves those along with a fine Strongbow cider :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    Laughing.gif, but you've got great ale.... rolleyes1.gif We only have beer.... Only some places offer a nice pint o' Guiness or draught Murphys. Don't even mention the more 'exotic' ales like the Scottish Belhaven... Luckily my favourite bar serves those along with a fine Strongbow cider :D
    I was in Manchester last year and the guinness was terrible. A pint of Guinness has to be allowed to settle. It is filled to 3/4 full and left until the cloudiness settles and the pint is black. Only then is it topped up. In the Hotel in Manchester the bar girl filled the pint in one go and handed it to me. I only had the one:cry . It was boddingtons for the rest of the night.

The lagers on the continent are very refreshing. I've been in Holland and Germany and really liked the local beers.thumb.gif