Boy are little ones hard to photograph!

NaturalShotsNaturalShots Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 16, 2007 in People
Hello - as you can see I am new here and to be honest I am very new to photography as well (I have worked in Photography before but not by myself with Digital Camera - in studio work only for Olan Mills & LifeTouch Photography). I took 2 of my sons (I have 4 all together) to the local park and I must have shot 50+ photos and I only like 2 of them! How do you guys do it?!?!

Here is one with my 13 yr. old and my 22 month old going down a winding slide. This was my 22 month old's first time going down a slide. It came out rather bland but I did a contrast, color and saturation balance on it to brighten it up a little. I know it isn't even close to being what I have seen here but tell me what you think anyway (please be nice - newbie here!)
100_8550.jpg

Here is another one I took of my 22 month old going down a different slide for the first time by himself. I like the shot but think it needs cropped. What do you think? I didn't do anything to this photo.
100_8551.jpg

This one I took awhile ago. It is actually the main photo that will be used on my website. It is my 22 month old in the tub. I just like this shot and wanted to share it. :) He had a scratch on his nose that I had to take out but other than that I didn't do anything to this photo.
100_8549.jpg

Comments

• hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    I think the first 2 could use some fill flash - your boys are are a little dark. It looks like you metered off of the slide? I know it's tough to catch the action, so fill flash should help! The bath one is completely adorable, although it could use a little warming up.

Welcome, you're gonna do great!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    Welcome!

The first one, in addition to being a little dark is also out of focus. Look at the upright-support near the left edge. That is timber is in focus and is clearly not in the same plane as your two boys.

It also appears you have the same issue in the second photo - the focus seems to be a foot or two behind your boy.