What?

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited February 24, 2005 in People
Caught this wonderful expression at yet another horse show. This child was less than enthused by the judges opinion. Full color was good, decided to play with the color a bit. I felt that color fade really brought her out. Your thoughts?
Nat
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Caught this wonderful expression at yet another horse show. This child was less than enthused by the judges opinion. Full color was good, decided to play with the color a bit. I felt that color fade really brought her out. Your thoughts?
    Nat
    anyone who's ever competed can really identify with this one! Oh I've so been there, lol. nice shot!
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    The expression is definatelty challenge worthy..
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    That expression reminds me of a particular dgrinner, but i can't quite place it.

:lol lol3.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    fish wrote:
    That expression reminds me of a particular dgrinner, but i can't quite place it.

:lol lol3.gif
    Harry will not like that fish ne_nau.gif you do stir up the pot a tad and that dgriner, he was on a dead horse rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I don't know if this effect was intended... but it almost seems like there are very vibrant colors in the lower portion of the picture, and as you go further up, it turns to black and white. Almost indicating the changing of her mood. Again, I could be reading too far into it.. but I like the effect! It puts an emphasis on her mood and face. Anyone else notice this? ne_nau.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 24, 2005
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    hmmm, nice :D I love the emotional content of the photo!! Good capture!! (perhaps the exposure may have been 1/3 stop higher or so, but that's taste mwink.gif)
    Thanks for sharing!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I think her expression is just priceless! One of those I'm sure we have all done/felt before:D . I played around with the color and decided the fade was the best way to go with this particular one. Set the mood, left the background (horses) without being to distracting and really brought her out nicely *I think*.

Thank you again~
    Nat
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    . I played around with the color and decided the fade was the best way to go with this particular one. Set the mood, left the background (horses) without being to distracting and really brought her out nicely *I think*.
    You think right!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts