Options

Somethin outta nothin

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited March 10, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had a color photo drab and uninspiring I just about chucked it but then I cropped it, and converted it to Black and White.
This was the result . Being the doofus I am, I saved it as it was and did not rename it so I lost the original.

2700599-M.jpg

I find this photo compelling I dont know why? Maybe all those knocks to my head are starting to have a adverse affect.

Tim

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2004
    That's pretty cool Shakey!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    I had a color photo drab and uninspiring I just about chucked it but then I cropped it, and converted it to Black and White.
    This was the result . Being the doofus I am, I saved it as it was and did not rename it so I lost the original.

2700599-M.jpg

I find this photo compelling I dont know why? Maybe all those knocks to my head are starting to have a adverse affect.

Tim
    Looks like a good shot to me tim, what was the original like?
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Shakey wrote:

2700599-M.jpg

Tim

Shakester, that's a terrific shot. Love the deep contrast, the long shadows, the contrary upright lines of the trees... great shot! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Tim
    I like the image...very crisp and clean. The converging diagonal shadows are terrific. What bugs me about it is that I want to know where those diagonals are pointing. I want to see what's just 1/4 or 1/2" up from the top of the frame. That's unsettling to me. ne_nau.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Getting to be a pro there mate...thats great thumb.gif I'd love to photo snow.
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    I really like that one.

I think the thread title is an interesting one. There is usually a picture everywhere we look. It just takes the a person with an "eye" to find it.

Again, really nice! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

4 Thumbs from,

Hutch
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Shakey wrote:

Tim
    The more I look at this, the more I like it. Very nice.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    peachmaanpeachmaan Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2004
    Shakey wrote:

2700599-M.jpg

Tim

I think it has nothing to do with those knocks you got to your head... I felt the same way!! -Great picture..... thumb.gif

If should you wonder how this pict. looks like after the snow has melted..... here's my interpretation of your pict without snow... (Salton Sea,CA)