Aleftina (6 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited August 20, 2007 in People
Priviet, dear friends - DGiners.
Sometimes though I talk a lot during photosession its hard to get different emotions on model's face. Like this time...
What to do? Of course - try different postprocessing... and try to prepare (Oh, how?) better for the next time...
This session was with unknown to me girl with worderful Russian name - Aleftina...
We also had only one hour... In spite of all my 'secrets' of talk... :-)

5272.jpg
5271.jpg
5273.jpg
4 some reflected light from below added...
5274.jpg
5275.jpg
5276.jpg

What's your thoughts?
Maybe 'tricks'?
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• h4rrih4rri Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    The last one just grabbed me!

Can't take my eyes off it
    H4rri
    ~~
    w: www.randomphotos.net
    #: Canon 5D - 17-40mm f/4 L - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS - Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro - 100-400mm f/4 L IS - Canon MT-24EX - Speedlite 430EX - Nikon CoolPix S200 :#
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    I Agree.......wow!!!!!!
  • wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    Yes, we have a winner: #6. Amazing capture, composition, and fascinating processing.

Beautiful work, Yuri!

Regards,
    Wes
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    wow, that last pic is just INTENSE. that's a great work of art, yuri.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,093 moderator
    edited August 17, 2007
    Yuri,

The last image is so strong and yet extremely feminine. The beautiful eyes are exaggerated by the strong angle. Her face is very wide so I would normally recommend some kind of short light, maybe even a Rembrandt lighting, but the last image defies all the normal rules and works splendidly.

Thanks,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Yuri,

The last image is so strong and yet extremely feminine. The beautiful eyes are exaggerated by the strong angle. Her face is very wide so I would normally recommend some kind of short light, maybe even a Rembrandt lighting, but the last image defies all the normal rules and works splendidly.

Thanks,
    Spasibo, my dear friend!
    Yuri
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I too
    really like the look of #6 Yuri. Cool processing here. Fun to see new ways of enhancing photos for a captivating look. Good job!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Isn't it amazing what a tilt of the head and drop of the chin can do? I agree with everyone else that #6 is extra special. She seems so determined and almost defiant (esp. #1 and #4). Though the gaze is still very strong in #6, it just changes the message and makes her a little vulnerable and less unreachable. Not sure I'm conveying what I'm seeing here. I think maybe your 'talking' reached her a little by #6!!!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Howdy Yuri
    Howdy Yuri,

What a wonderful look she has, the 4th and 6th shots are absolutely stunning, of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from you:D

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited August 20, 2007
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Yuri,

What a wonderful look she has, the 4th and 6th shots are absolutely stunning, of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from you:D

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Craig, dear friend, thank you very much for your inspiring words!
    Yuri
    edited August 20, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    really like the look of #6 Yuri. Cool processing here. Fun to see new ways of enhancing photos for a captivating look. Good job!

Swartzy! Spasibo for your comment.
    Yuri
    edited August 20, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Isn't it amazing what a tilt of the head and drop of the chin can do? I agree with everyone else that #6 is extra special. She seems so determined and almost defiant (esp. #1 and #4). Though the gaze is still very strong in #6, it just changes the message and makes her a little vulnerable and less unreachable. Not sure I'm conveying what I'm seeing here. I think maybe your 'talking' reached her a little by #6!!!
    Saurora! Thank you very much for your so much detailed comment!
    Yes, not sure you beleive in horoscopes abnd such, but... she's an Aries (the Ram) by zodiac, and if you'll read what it means....
    Spasibo again,
    Yuri