Options

Nix software- color effects pro 2.0

HorsepixHorsepix Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited August 17, 2007 in Finishing School
Has anyone been using this software/plug-in? If so, how much of the program and what are you thoughts/opinions?

I'm considering it and wondered what others who actually use it thought.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    Horsepix wrote:
    Has anyone been using this software/plug-in? If so, how much of the program and what are you thoughts/opinions?

I'm considering it and wondered what others who actually use it thought.

Thanks,
    I think you mean "NIK". :D

Look at iCorrect EditLab.
  • Options
    LAB.ratLAB.rat Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    I've experimented with it some time ago and liked it a lot.
    It has protect highlights/shadows sliders on most or all the fx.

But what I hate about it is the interface which up to this day is very small (width 700px at the most) and not resizeable, I believe... That's a shame and a possible deal breaker in these big screen days rolleyes1.gif It also takes about 1,5 second to show up on a fast machine :cry:D

On the other hand, it's a great collection with a very "musical" output, of which the fx are interesting to combine into your own "original" custom actions, if you're into that.

If you can live with the interface, I'd recommend it, even though I have hardly scratched the surface of the plugin (and already liked it a lot).
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    LAB.rat wrote:

But what I hate about it is the interface which up to this day is very small (width 700px at the most) and not resizeable, I believe... That's a shame and a possible deal breaker in these big screen days rolleyes1.gif It also takes about 1,5 second to show up on a fast machine :cry:D

Nik SharpenerPro is the same way. I have to do everything at 100% and squint a little. But, it too works very well. Having the ability to sharpen selective colors is great.
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Give it a try - you can download a complete working copy from Nik's website - www.niksoftware.com/colorefexpro/usa/entry.php?. It does mark all of your images with a tiny "demo" watermark every inch or so, so it's not "usable", but at least you can see if you like the interface, which I also have to agree is the one thing holding me back from purchasing it.

I can't believe that user feedback hasn't encouraged them to change it yet.