Video Upload trouble

Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited August 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Went through all the info (very easy), converted to .mpg, created a new gallery...

But when I drag and drop to upload, I get an error message that says "The files or folders that you have chosen cannot be uploaded."

I am on OS10.4 using Firefox 2.0.

Any suggestions?

thanks.
matt
Matt Addington
Photography & Design
Minnesota
www.mattaddington.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Hi Matt, make sure the video is MPG-1 and try the standard (Olde Faithful) uploader, okay?

What size is your video?
  • gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Matt, make sure the video is MPG-1 and try the standard (Olde Faithful) uploader, okay?

What size is your video?

ok, newbie question... any recommendations on converting a wmv to mpg-1? I have window's movie maker as well as the full Nero suite, but can't find an intuitive way to convert to said file type...

also, is there a file size limit on videos?
  • specialagentdalespecialagentdale Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    I always upload videos using the 'old faithful' uploader (it's the only one that works reliably.) Even so, every time I do, i get duplicate movies in my gallery. That is, I upload one video, I get that same video appearing twice in my gallery. I have to go into the gallery after upload and delete the duplicate files. I am also using Mac 10.4 and Firefox.

It's frustrating that I have to use two different uploaders for pics and vids. I normally use PictureSync or Drag n Drop for photos, but they won't work for videos.

How hard can a good uploader be? There are lots of companies doing great things with uploader apps: adding speed optimizations, verifying transfers, even stamping files with metadata, etc.. I don't think I've seen a single improvement in the smugmug uploaders since I joined over a year ago.

These are my two biggest complaints with smugmug - video and upload support. In short: smugmug GOOD, uploading MPEGs BAD.