Color Advice needed

CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in People
Seems every outdoor shot I take has a yellow hue to it. I shot these in RAW and used the color temperature setting since it seemed to give me the most vivid coloration. But once I did everything and printed the photos, they all still have a yellow hue. If I back it off in ps it robs me of the green in the background. Any advice?
I use only Canon cameras and glass
www.portraitwhisperer.com

Comments

• CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    Here is another one from the same set. I used a little different processing technique to avoid the yellow, but now I'm not sure if the skin tone looks right. Any comments? Thx.
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Seems every outdoor shot I take has a yellow hue to it. I shot these in RAW and used the color temperature setting since it seemed to give me the most vivid coloration. But once I did everything and printed the photos, they all still have a yellow hue. If I back it off in ps it robs me of the green in the background. Any advice?
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Here is another one from the same set. I used a little different processing technique to avoid the yellow, but now I'm not sure if the skin tone looks right. Any comments? Thx.

Hows about if you just east off on the yellow some and enhance the greens and blues? For this one I readjusted the WB and the contrast some also. I duno, what do you think? I don't think the yellow hue looks good with her skin tone.ne_nau.gif I did this real quick, but I hope can you see what I'm getting at.

184754669-M.jpg
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Get yourself a gray standard card, such as the WhiBal card (http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html). Shoot a frame with that. You can use that to set a custom white balance or, as I do, use that in post to set the white balance in ACR (or other RAW converter). This takes most, if not all, the guesswork out the equation.