Options

Camping.....

bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
edited August 20, 2007 in Landscapes
saw this group who were off to camp in the snow.......

184762810-L.jpg
D2Xs Bigma @ 500mm hand held
Cheers...... Big Pix
Lake Macquarie NSW Australia
www.bigpix.smugmug.com
Please do not EDIT
my Images

Comments

• Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I like it, the kind o' shot I would take. Have you considered a B&W version? Everytime I see some tasty work from that Bigma I feel the urge to bulk up so I can shlep it around to great places.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    I like it, the kind o' shot I would take. Have you considered a B&W version? Everytime I see some tasty work from that Bigma I feel the urge to bulk up so I can shlep it around to great places.

...... the bigma is light compared to the 120-300mm 2.8..... which I also had, along with other glass..... the slingshot 300 I found very good but a tad heavy loaded up.... the 300mm 2.8 was in it's own case, next time I will just take the bigma and a macro......
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    I have the Slingshot 200 and enjoy it immensely. Used it x-country skiing last year and it worked perfectly. I was wondering about the 300--how many "average" lenses do you think it could hold?
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2007
    I have the Slingshot 200 and enjoy it immensely. Used it x-country skiing last year and it worked perfectly. I was wondering about the 300--how many "average" lenses do you think it could hold?

I use my slingshot 200 as my every day bag...... in the 300SS top pocket 18-200 & 18-70mm....... main body of bag, Bigma, 105 macro, 12-24 Sigma, D70s, D2Xs, 1.4 TC, 2X TC, front pocket, Nikon binoculars, spare battery for D70s and other small bits & pieces....... leave out the D70 and you could get in more lens

On my next snow trip, I will be only taking the 2 bodies, Bigma, 12-24, and 105 macro, a few cards and extra battery for D70s.......and binoculars, all this will fit into the 200 slingshot and a lot lighter
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2007
    Thanks for the comprehensive report.
    M