firefox not showing page correctly

dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited October 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I had this same issue a while back and it's cropped up again.

Pages won't display correctly in firefox, see image below. When you try and use lightbox the images show below as seen in the example (I've clicked to display large size and instead of showing centered in the window it trys to display in the bottom but is cut off). The photo info/size box does not show properly (no background).

I am using the version of firefox below on XP.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5

184838899-L.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Hi, we'd need a direct gallery link please to check this? Thanks!
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we'd need a direct gallery link please to check this? Thanks!

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/1889384#95351674
    edited August 17, 2007
    Can't replicate, try clearing your caches and restarting firefox
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:

I've tried that... still persists. happens at work, home, and friends have experienced same issue... I thought before it was something with my customization but the same issue occurs with my sisters and friends smugmug accounts that are vanilla. for example

http://tracylynn.smugmug.com/popular/3/179893812#70326652

in the past if I would do a page refresh it would display correctly... as if some of the style sheets are not being loaded or fully loaded initially. but as of this week that is not helping.
  • willmarkwillmark Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I'm having the same problem also with Firefox on the smugmug site. Was this resolved? I included the photo information in my screen shot also. Kind of hard to find the button to close it with this problem.

This is not exclusive to my galleries, but all I browse. I am also missing the arrow for the page drop down in the smugmug view.

If this is covered elsewhere please let me know, since I can't seem to find it.

Mark.
    edited August 27, 2007
    willmark wrote:
    I'm having the same problem also with Firefox on the smugmug site. Was this resolved? I included the photo information in my screen shot also. Kind of hard to find the button to close it with this problem.

This is not exclusive to my galleries, but all I browse. I am also missing the arrow for the page drop down in the smugmug view.

If this is covered elsewhere please let me know, since I can't seem to find it.

Mark.
    What FF addons are you running ear.gif
  • willmarkwillmark Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    What FF addons are you running ear.gif

I seem to only be having this problem on the work computer using FF. Uninstalled the addons and still had the problem. Removed FF and settings and installed it again without any addons. Still have the problem. Since it is only at work it's not a big deal. My computer at home shows things properly, and IE at work shows things properly also. ne_nau.gif

Mark
    edited August 28, 2007
    willmark wrote:
    I seem to only be having this problem on the work computer using FF. Uninstalled the addons and still had the problem. Removed FF and settings and installed it again without any addons. Still have the problem. Since it is only at work it's not a big deal. My computer at home shows things properly, and IE at work shows things properly also. ne_nau.gif

Mark
    I'm guessing work has some firewall protection that's blocking parts of your browsing experience.
  • deadsmileydeadsmiley Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2007
    I'm experiencing the same issue with firefox on my work laptop. I would be inclined to believe you but it does it on different connections (not just at work) and it doesn't do it with IE regardless of where I am.

I just don't get it. I'm sure it's some kind of Java issue, but I just can't pin point it.
    ne_nau.gif
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • deadsmileydeadsmiley Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2007
    I found that warnings are showing up in the Firefox Error Console...

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://519photo.smugmug.com/popular/4/144060187
    Line: 0

Not sure what this means or if this helps.