Can I password protect my SmugMug site?

greenmaygreenmay Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm in the process of making a SmugMug site for a youth theater group and I'd like to know if there's a way to put a password on the site. We have strict rules regarding images of children on the internet or elsewhere and I really don't want to run into trouble with parents, yet I want our pictures to be available for any parent who wants to see them. I know school districts use things like this for their websites.....is it possible on smugug without requiring every parent to set up their own smugmug account?

Thanks!

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited August 17, 2007
    greenmay wrote:
    I'm in the process of making a SmugMug site for a youth theater group and I'd like to know if there's a way to put a password on the site. We have strict rules regarding images of children on the internet or elsewhere and I really don't want to run into trouble with parents, yet I want our pictures to be available for any parent who wants to see them. I know school districts use things like this for their websites.....is it possible on smugug without requiring every parent to set up their own smugmug account?

Thanks!
    Yes, you can password protect galleries (or your entire site). See this help page - http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-albums.

--- Denise
  • greenmaygreenmay Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Yes, you can password protect galleries. See this help page - http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-albums.

The password protection is at a gallery level though, not a site level (although you could assign the same password to all galleries, so a single sign in could allow access to multiple galleries).

--- Denise

Thank you....
    That is very helpful, but I would like to have a slideshow on my homepage. Can I put a password on the homepage itself?

I will do what you suggested as a last resort.... not putting any pictures on my homepage... but I'd rather be able to.

Any tips?
    Loopholes?
  • greenmaygreenmay Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Sorry, I think I found it.... :)
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited August 17, 2007
    greenmay wrote:
    Sorry, I think I found it.... :)
    No, my initial post wasn't quite right - you can either password protect your entire site or you can password protect the entire gallery. I corrected my post, but you saw my first (slightly incorrect) post.

Sorry for any confusion, but I believe the answer is on the linked page...

--- Denise