Options

Fireworks over Flathead Lake - Montana

jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
edited September 17, 2007 in Landscapes
Hi All,

I'm finally finding some time to post more shots from my trip to Montana at the end of June. My family and I spent 5 days up at my Uncle's condo, which is located near the town of Lakeside Montana. The condo sits right on the shores of Flathead Lake, which is the largest freshwater lake in the country after the Great Lakes. It's a very beautiful place, especially in the summer. We were lucky enough to be up there on the 4th of July. Lakeside does a small fireworks display every year. They float a barge out into the bay and shoot the fireworks from there. Last year, I shot from very close to the bay, and ended up being too close to get good shots. This year, I wanted to get above the action and take wider angles. I found a spot about a mile from town on top of a hill overlooking the bay. The barge was already out in the bay, so I was able to figure out a good spot to shoot from.

These were all shot with my 30D and 28-135 lens. Aperature was F8 to keep the fireworks sharp. I used a remote control and bulb to try and capture the fireworks from start to finish. Shutter speeds were from 8 to 20 seconds on average Also, many of these are composite images.

172540257-L.jpg

172540265-L.jpg

172540219-L.jpg

172540194-L.jpg

172540177-L.jpg

172540157-L.jpg
This last one is a composite of probably 8 shots, just to be crazy. :wink

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb

James

Comments