OK, here goes nothing

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited August 18, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know, I know, wedding photogs been doing this for years... But I always wanted to try...:wink

Two Hearts

185035431-L.jpg

C&C is welcome!

EDIT: FWIW, few more from the same shoot are here.
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    I love the fact that the shadow of the rings results in two hearts. I actually saw that before I looked at the title, so I'd say you pulled that off perfectly. My only suggestion is that I wish perhaps I could some of the text a little more easily.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    Hey Nik...Nice job....FWIW here are my thoughts

I feel you should bring the crop down from the top, and perhaps a bit up from the bottom, I see the lighting as a bit too reflected on the pages in a up and down position, although your subject are the rings, which btw are beautifully presented, you may want to have the text show to some degree to enhance the sentiment of the rings, and have the rest of the text blurred ...(I would put some white tracing paper on the front of lighting to diffuse, or perhaps the use of a soft box, I might also use a sponge brush (saturate) on the text that is legible to give it perk and pop)

Just my thoughts..

Good luck on your entry...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited August 18, 2007
    A very cool and classic photo, Nik. How difficult was it to get them to balance like that?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:
    I love the fact that the shadow of the rings results in two hearts. I actually saw that before I looked at the title, so I'd say you pulled that off perfectly. My only suggestion is that I wish perhaps I could some of the text a little more easily.
    Thanks, Pat! thumb.gif
    edited August 18, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Hey Nik...Nice job....FWIW here are my thoughts

I feel you should bring the crop down from the top, and perhaps a bit up from the bottom, I see the lighting as a bit too reflected on the pages in a up and down position, although your subject are the rings, which btw are beautifully presented, you may want to have the text show to some degree to enhance the sentiment of the rings, and have the rest of the text blurred ...(I would put some white tracing paper on the front of lighting to diffuse, or perhaps the use of a soft box, I might also use a sponge brush (saturate) on the text that is legible to give it perk and pop)

Just my thoughts..

Good luck on your entry...

Thanks! Appreciate the comment! I'll think about it - I have two more days! mwink.gif
    edited August 18, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    A very cool and classic photo, Nik. How difficult was it to get them to balance like that?
    Thanks David!
    The balancing act was the bitch. deal.gif
    I didn't want them simply to stand on the same ground, that would be relatively easy task. I wanted them to be offset both vertically and horizontally. So it took me some time to engineer these invisible hands to hold them together. But not much, I think I was done in less than 10 minuites.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    Very cool dude
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    Very cool indeed

My main thought too is that glare off the pages is hurting things.

otherwise very beautiful!