Pressed For Time

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited August 20, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Unfortunately work comes before play but no excuses. Thanks for any input. To date the entries are fantastic, I don't think these compete but like I said pressed for time

Who's At The Door?

185086779-L.jpg

Learning To Share

185085542-L.jpg

Temptation

185085058-L.jpg

Pulled the original, did some quick touchups and came up wih this.

185250303-L.jpg

As the title stated pressed for time. Working double shifts for the next three days. It just might have to do. Anyway thanks for looking.

Joe

Comments

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    #3 made me laugh out loud. #1 is very interesting in combination with the title. I just wish it was a little lighter or there was more light on a little more of the dog's face. It took me a couple of seconds to figure out that it was a dog I was looking at.

So, I guess I'd vote for #3 because I got the message faster and more clearly. However, I think #1 has strong potential if it were just a little more illuminated.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    OH My..

I laughed SO much at 2 and 3, love them both, but wish the glass was not there in 2.

Love the look of 3, I can almost feel what that cat is thinking...great title to match the composition..

Number one looks so mysterious, but yet looks so BEWAREish...(My thought no catchlight in the eye especially with how the lighting is hitting that area, giving it the appearance of "deadeye", but in this case, that could probably work.) CUZ..... I would not want to be knocking on that door...Laughing.gif I think, I would love to see this with a hint of more lighting just to see/feel if the effect is the same...

Just my thoughts FWIW....Nice Work

I wish you the best of luck in whichever you choose....

Donna clap.gif
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    These are great. I like them for all the same reasons as prior posts. Wish the drinking cup wasn't in the shot, would love to see the other cat's expression. I think # 1 has strong potential, but perhaps a little more pop to brighten what little info is there. I also like #3, I would clone out the goober, or whatever I am seeing in the cat's eye. I would choose whatever you feel is your best shot. Good luck to you!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    thumb.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    I saw your original, with the dog, thought it was great at the core, but needed clarity and brightness, and then got pulled off to dinner.... Now I see you did exactly the corrections I would have told you, and your entry is right on!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    i love 'temptation'!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the input, hopefully next round I'll have more time. Thanks again....

Joe