Search Pics Collect 1 Gallery

voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited September 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Here's a question . So I've got pics all over my site in galleries named for dates taken ; I want to collect all the photos of one particular subject into one gallery under that subject's name while leaving a copy of each pic I move into the new single gallery in its' original gallery titled by date taken.
I have a " Power " account.
Now, I use my Search capacity ( someone at smugMug sent me a script for this ) and find all the pics of this one subject, SmugMug displays them all together on one page. But... each time I select a photo , it displays from the gallery it's in - not from the search collection. Then , I make a copy of the photo I'm going to move into its' new gallery - because It seems as if it " moves " that pic to the new gallery - there's no " coppy to " option. Then , when I select " move photo " from " customize photo " it will display all the photos in the gallery that photo is in - again not from the search found collection of only that subject. I must hunt through that gallery collection for the twin pics ( remember , I made a copy of pics I want to move ) , select pics, select gallery and move.
Isn't there another way ? Use " search " to find all pics of subject, Select all or many of the ones I want to collect into their own gallery, select some kind of option : " Copy To... " etc ? presto changoe voila !

Any thoughts. I have lost the originals that were on my hard drive ( lightning ) or I'd just do it that way .

Marty ( photofur on SmugMug )

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    How about using keywords for that purpose? You can add a keyword(s) with the subject(s) names to any photo and then you'll be able to click on the name of the subject and get all other photos of the subject that have the keyword as well. Additionally, you can also search for keywords and then you'll again get a virtual gallery of photos of the subject. For more details see the help page on keywords: http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    Thanks Rainforest. Won't Work
    Thanks RainForest.
    Problem is : I'm trying to find all the photos of a certain kind ( dog ) in order to give them keywords. As opposed to -say- going one by one through all my ( thousands ) photos and keywording them. Then, yea, this would be no problem. What I'm looking for is a way to search my site ( can do ) , then select all the pics listed with that one dog's name , and click somewhere an option like " transfer a copy of all to " some other folder ( catagory, gallery ) on my site. - leaving the originals where they were.

Thanks again, I had just given up.

Marty ( Photofur on SmugMug )