Options

Ancient but Alive

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 19, 2007 in Landscapes
I shot this photo some time ago i think end of 2006. tried black and white

185162516-L.jpg

looking fine in print as i don't have calibrated monitor it is looking totaly black and white i got print with some sepia like effect.
btw i edited it again and posted here so don't know what are you looking at :huh
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    Amazing detail in the masonry! I think this is an excellent use of black and white.clap.gif
    Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    DesertRat wrote:
    Amazing detail in the masonry! I think this is an excellent use of black and white.clap.gif

Thank you friendthumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    D.RodgersD.Rodgers Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    looking fine in print as i don't have calibrated monitor it is looking totally black and white i got print with some sepia like effect.
    btw i edited it again and posted here so don't know what are you looking at eek7.gif

It looks good here except the bottom of the pigeons are too dark .
    I cant help but notice the top left corner ,might I suggest cloning the wall in where theres just sky.

The image is very nice overall has some great tonal qualities and contrast.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    D.Rodgers wrote:
    It looks good here except the bottom of the pigeons are too dark .
    I cant help but notice the top left corner ,might I suggest cloning the wall in where theres just sky.

The image is very nice overall has some great tonal qualities and contrast.

Thanks Rodgers Pegions are black in color and i thought clonning that part will disturb the architecture of building headscratch.gif
    thumb.gif will try to be better in future

My Gallery
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I've always said you live in a very special part of the world. I am glad your ability to notice these things and present them in the best light is constantly improving. Well done Awais.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    What a beautiful building with so much detail! Works up wonderfully in black and white Awais! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    I've always said you live in a very special part of the world. I am glad your ability to notice these things and present them in the best light is constantly improving. Well done Awais.

Thanks Ted fortunatly all every city of Pakistan is packed with something special from mountains to sea there are lots of things to see. But unfortunatly not a single government gave any attention to these things no good facilities to reach there and liverolleyes1.gif. I have serious plans for future.

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    What a beautiful building with so much detail! Works up wonderfully in black and white Awais! thumb.gif

Thanks Saurora :D

My Gallery