Options

CH33-Sad Little Fellow

KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
edited February 25, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
My middle one decided to give me my inspiration for this challenge because his brother wouldnt play with him right before supper. As you can see he hasnt quite full recovered from the trauma. :):

I have the original in color but thought this had a lil more punch to it. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first time submitting to a challenge so I need all the help I can get!
Kagan

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 24, 2005
    awwwww, poor little fella! I think you have a damn good shot there. Maybe just crop out some of the unnecessary side elements?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Oh, Dear, that is a good shot.

This whole thread is a natural for kids.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks Angelo. I agree that the chair backs were annoying to me, but I was unsure just how much was too much to crop. I will trim that out and see what happens. Thanks again!
    Angelo wrote:
    awwwww, poor little fella! I think you have a damn good shot there. Maybe just crop out some of the unnecessary side elements?
    Kagan
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I actually like the side elements...I noticed right away he was eating yogurt...and still crying! it sets the mood and tells a great story w/ the side elements. This isn't just an upset boy, but he has a mom (or dad) who is trying to comfort him (the yogurt...is that a juice pouch?)

I really like this shot. You could probably play w/ contrast & brightness, see if you can sharp it up a bit to see if any versions have a different impact on the "viewer" -

:-) AJ
    Angelo wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    Well I just tried the crop. It focused everything on his face but I lost so much of the photo that I think i will leave it the way it is. I might clone out the chair back on the left. Thanks AJ-Also Thank you Ginger-I agree Kids are great for this challenge. But as I posted in a separate thread today-Kids are my favorite anyway. Course with 3 I am biased....and exhausted, and broke..etc ne_nau.gif
    ajgauthier wrote:
    I actually like the side elements...I noticed right away he was eating yogurt...and still crying! it sets the mood and tells a great story w/ the side elements. This isn't just an upset boy, but he has a mom (or dad) who is trying to comfort him (the yogurt...is that a juice pouch?)

I really like this shot. You could probably play w/ contrast & brightness, see if you can sharp it up a bit to see if any versions have a different impact on the "viewer" -

Kagan
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    ajgauthier wrote:

nod.gifnod.gif

the side elements (chairs?) actually help frame this priceless moment. you'll want, of course, to put this in his 18th birthday card lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    ajgauthier wrote:

He has a good point!
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Man is he going to hate you when he gets older.. Great shot..
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I know that emotion...oh boy, do I ever! rolleyes1.gif

I like the shot and the composition. I also agree with your choice of B&W. There were some good suggestions above about punching it up. Might want to bump contrast up a few notches too. I can't believe he didn't pitch a fit when he saw you with the camera. Whenever we get tantrums, I go for the camera and zip!, they're outta there like lightning. rolleyes1.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Poor little guy! My son is 2 and always wants to play with his older cousins, and just like your oldest, they dont always want to play with him. I know that all too well. This shot is priceless! Definitely a keeper!:):
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    "she" and thanks!

Adrienne (a.k.a. AJ)

Angelo wrote:
    He has a good point!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    andy wrote:
    nod.gifnod.gif

you'll want, of course, to put this in his 18th birthday card lol3.gif
    Nup....placemats at his wedding.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Oops well isnt my face red....-This one can be called Embarrassment
    ajgauthier wrote:
    "she" and thanks!

Adrienne (a.k.a. AJ)
    Kagan
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Kagan,

I love the shot of your son! Great catch!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    ajgauthier wrote:
    "she" and thanks!

Adrienne (a.k.a. AJ)
    Oh my! My sincerest apologies, from one "AJ" to another. Perhaps we need gender markers on our avatars? :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited February 25, 2005
    This is a great shot. The composition is good. B&W seems to emphasize
    his prediciment as do the chair backs.

Nice one.

Humungus wrote:
    Nup....placemats at his wedding.
    'gus, I'm glad you're not my dad :D

My mom did something similar but at Christmas.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    My mom did something similar but at Christmas.
    Why was she pouting? rolleyes1.gif
    Just kidding. Thank you all everyone. Now to try and punch it up a lil with curves...shudder. Thanks again!
    Kagan