Options

Stone Cold Faces around Gramercy Park & Irving Place

nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited February 26, 2005 in Landscapes
Hello All,

I invite you to join me on a lunch time walk around Gramercy Park and along Irving Place in Manhattan.
It is cold and damp but these many Stone Cold Faces,
waiting to be seen and photographed,
took my mind off the cold dampness and on to admiring true works of art.

This gallery is dedicated to the known & unknown Scuptors of these Stone Cold Faces:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/411579/1

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    I like them Nicolas thumb.gif Thanks for inviting me along :):

Worse case we are going to bump this back up so others can comment. Best case, maybe my comments will make sense...lol

Here goes, these could have had more impact with much tighter cropping. You don't need to center and show the entire work to give the picture meaning. IOW, I would have liked to see you get tight on one of the subjects within these artworks and play with the composition at that level. For example, in the 1st shot with the cherubs on either side of the number 36. Rather than centering and showing the entire artwork, I would have liked to see just a portion of the artwork captured with some nice composition, or from a different perspective. Is this making any sense to you?

As I wrote earlier, they are nice shots, but, IMHO, they could be much more with a bit of extra effort :D

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Yes, Nick you lazy swine, more effort! :whip

Um, you did want feedback, didn't you? :uhoh

lol3.gif

I like this dude.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au