ANOTHER last minute poll...

Xia_KeXia_Ke Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
No excuses, I didn't get the shots I wanted. I have a couple shots I like but, just not feeling they are strong contenders. I suppose I should call this the "What sucks the least?" poll. I can make edits if you have quick last minute suggestions. HEELLLPPPP!!!!

Dawn Of A New Day (current entry)
Dawn_Of_A_New_Day.jpg

Fishing Solitude
Fishing_Solitude_2.jpg

Split Toned Flower
DSC_0224.jpg
Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

"Challenge yourself! You will have days of discouragement and days of success, but the only way to fail, is to quit!" - Emily (Greensquared)

Which Sucks The Least??? 14 votes

Dawn Of A New Day
57% 8 votes
Fishing Solitude
28% 4 votes
Split Toned Flower
14% 2 votes

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I say stick with your current entry. Especially as it's a nice BW conversion, and has some direction in it, being a wide-angle portrait..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Xia_KeXia_Ke Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Thanks Hoofclix :D That one was my first choice since it was b&w. Was hoping it might stand out more being that most entries were fairly vibrantly colored.

Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

"Challenge yourself! You will have days of discouragement and days of success, but the only way to fail, is to quit!" - Emily (Greensquared)
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I agree that it stands out, as this time so few are BW, but not just because of that... After looking again, I might crop out some of the sky, as with it, the photo goes from content to no content moving bottom to top.. But I couldn't decide if I had to .. I had a BW conversion of mine, also with hyped contrast, but it made the depth flat, much more abstract, so on the better advice of a friend, I went/stayed with the color..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    I like your current entry. Nice shot.
    edited August 19, 2007
    Hoofclix, I tried playing with the crop a bit as I also felt the sky was the weak point. I tried lots of crops and none quite seemed to work for me. I also tried editing in different skyscapes but, none seemed to fit just right. I dunno, just can't seem to put my finger on or figure out what will put this shot over the edge headscratch.gif

Thanks for your input Dave thumb.gif
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Love number one, but I am in agreement...sky needs to be cropped down....I would say that those faint clouds have to be a strong point, so I might enhance them and your skyline, to make the viewers eyes go in and continue to follow down, and not stay attached to the front, if you crop down, was just wondering while viewing the photo, what is the black line to the left near the horizon?

FWIW, just my thoughts...

Nice Shot..

Good Luck and Best Wishes!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited August 19, 2007
    Thanks for taking the time Tentacion :D Everyone, your comments and time are all much appreciated. More than a contest, this has been a fantastic learning experience from the first round I entered.

I tried playing around with different crops on that shot as I too felt the sky was the weak point but, nothing I tried seemed to "feel" right to me ne_nau.gif I tried everything from different crops to editing in different skyscapes. Nothing quite seemed right headscratch.gif As for the line on the left, it is actually where the coastline curves around. This was shot on the Marginal Way in Ogunquit, ME. That little sliver of land is actually Walker's Point (the Bush compound) in Kennebunkport.

Thanks again,
    Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery