Smugmug Nickname

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited August 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to check if a certain nickname is still available from SM, before I go through setting up an account.

I want to set up a second account for my son's football team, but I also want to think about the nick for a while first.

Andy?

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    Is there a way to check if a certain nickname is still available from SM, before I go through setting up an account.

I want to set up a second account for my son's football team, but I also want to think about the nick for a while first.

Andy?

Z

Type the [nickname in question].smugmug.com. If there are customer photos at that link, then it's already being used by someone.

Someone at Smugmug would have to speak for whether there are other reasons that you might not get a name you want that isn't being used.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:

Andy?

Z
    Jfriend, to the rescue.

Trials are free for 14 days... just go do it :) You can always change the nickname anytime you like, just by going to control panel thumb.gif