Options

SF2 Unofficial Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    I'm here, licking my wounds. I'm trying really hard to buck up and take my own advice but damn. I think it's because I felt so confident with my image that it's been so hard to do so perfectly poorly. And, I'll admit, it's hard to be beaten by a stuffed animal ... (no offense of course).

Taking a wee break now. I'm sure I'll be game for #11 at some point.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    I'm here, licking my wounds. I'm trying really hard to buck up and take my own advice but damn. I think it's because I felt so confident with my image that it's been so hard to do so perfectly poorly. And, I'll admit, it's hard to be beaten by a stuffed animal ... (no offense of course).

Taking a wee break now. I'm sure I'll be game for #11 at some point.

I hear you, loud and clear. No offense to the photographer either -- but I sent a link to the stuffed animal to my kids to show them what beat out my photo that I had such great hopes for.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking I'm just not tough enough for this challenge business!
  • Options
    vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    thanks a great deal,all for taking the time to do this, and thanks to all those who wrote such beautiful comments on my pic and included me in their lists ! it's greatly appreciated ! its a pleasure if my pic touched even a single heart and soul :) I'm sorry I don't get the time to participate here more often !
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    vandana wrote:
    I'm sorry I don't get the time to participate here more often !

It's obvious you spend your time on your photography, not on the keyboard!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:
    Honorable mention:

#6 Chicken of the Sea by Tentacion
    I saw you said on another thread that you wanted it to look enchanted and I think it definitely does in a good way. Great pose for the mermaid and I like the starfish in the background as well.

Awwww Thank You, I'm so honored...and appreciative!!

Here is a link for a few of my "mermaid" shots...One has already made Editor's Pick...waiting to see if the other's make it...Laughing.gif...I was thinking perhaps...maybe....I should have posted..."Seashells by the Seashore"..as my entry here.....lol lol lol wings.gif

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=146426
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    I just read a few of these - I am impressed with the broad range of top ten picks that we all have. There is a big element of luck in each of these contests depending on who the judges are!

Thanks to you all who put my photo in your personal top ten!
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    quark wrote:
    There is a big element of luck in each of these contests depending on who the judges are!

Luck... If it wasn't for Travis asking to be removed as a judge I would not be in the top 10... I'm not so sure I like this kind of luck... I thought Vandana's shot was superb as well as sherstone's star burst sunset... Luck and the fact that we all see art differently... It eventually boils down to how we feel about an image... Any way just some musings... I like the competition and will continue to compete always striving for that shot that makes everyone do a double take or go WOW... the shot all of the judges pick as their number 1 pick... I certainly appreciate the props from people who liked my shot and at least one of the judges who really liked it a lot… Good luck to all in the next round…

Winston
  • Options
    JFreemanJFreeman Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2007