Lera (4 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited August 21, 2007 in People
Priviet (Hello in Russian), dear friends - DGriners!
Want to ask you: Do you have time to make photos (postprocess, prepare for web/prints)? I already have some 'debts' :-)

What do you like better: take photos, or 'make' them?
As for me, I I see three processes: 1. Takin photos 2. Editing some of them 3. Postprocessing (playing). Must say that I like all three of them , but 1 and 3 better :-)
This is Lera - I postter two photos of her before:
5277.jpg
5278.jpg
5279.jpg
5280.jpg

And what about you?
Again any of your thoughts...
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• enriqueenrique Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2007
    I love them all, am particularly impressed with the color of the skin. I think that's difficult to achieve even in PP if you don't get 'it' right in capture.

If I was a paying client, I'd be happy. clap.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2007
    enrique wrote:
    I love them all, am particularly impressed with the color of the skin. I think that's difficult to achieve even in PP if you don't get 'it' right in capture.

If I was a paying client, I'd be happy. clap.gif
    I agree, skin color is amazing. The last one is a total killer! bowdown.gif
    Yuri, can you rimnd us,please, what is your lighting setup?

As to your question: it really depends on the shoot.

With a sport event (or alike) there is pretty much nothing but #1 (taking pictures)

With any kind of a personal project (e.g. portrait) a lot is going into setting things up and then perfecting the take in PS.

Finally, an "abstract" project (LPS comes to mind:-) is usually a combination of thinking things up, setting them up and finally postprocessing to a desired result.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    I love your lighting. It makes her look so peaceful. Especially #4.
    Of the three, I love taking pictures most. I wish I were good enough that editing were not necessary. mwink.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com