Options

Few photos from Belgium

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Great series Ted. Beautiful place thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    How nice to see some Belgian pics. I love the big market square in Brussels, have been there on many occasions. I lived an hour away from Brussels.
    Damme is very pittoresque, you can walk or drive alongside the canal. This is WW1 and ww2 area... The polders were all flooded in WW1 to try to drown the germans.
    Very nice to see pics of Belgium indeed. Say hello to my sons if you go back! They still live there
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    We hired bikes to go to Damme. Despite the rain it was a great run. As you say it is a beautiful road along the canal.

Balgium is certainly a little hidden gem of Europe. I have some photos from Brugge still to be developed. A really charming little town.
    photocat wrote:
    How nice to see some Belgian pics. I love the big market square in Brussels, have been there on many occasions. I lived an hour away from Brussels.
    Damme is very pittoresque, you can walk or drive alongside the canal. This is WW1 and ww2 area... The polders were all flooded in WW1 to try to drown the germans.
    Very nice to see pics of Belgium indeed. Say hello to my sons if you go back! They still live there
  • Options
    SylarSylar Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Windmill
    Hey Ted How are you this Windmill is fantastic.
    Muhammad Almeida
    Canon 1D MKIII|Canon 5D MKII | Canon 16-35 2.8|Canon 85m 1.2 L II | Canon MP-E 2.8| Canon 70-200 2.8|Canon 100 F2.8 L IS | Canon 300m 2.8 L IS |Canon Tc 2x II | Canon TC 1.4 X | MT24X
    Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/phr3ck
    Website - www.wildlifeshot.com
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    Let me know when the Bruges ones are up. I hope you might have found the best little chocolate shop in Bruges. BTW, we don't call Bruges "small" in Belgium... It is a decent city, capital of the county of West Flanders.
    Lots of history in Bruges... Two of the main instigators for the Battle of the Gulden Spurs came from Bruges, taking the flemish craftsmen and guilds to battle against the french king in 1302. They won... against the much bigger army from the French king. Kortrijk is the city where they fought the battle, they found a lot of french golden spurs, that was my city where I lived for 40 years. Brugge was one of my favorite day outs. Only half an hour away from Kortrijk.