Options

JPEG preview of DNG files not showing

KMWKMW Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited August 21, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi,
I just converted hundreds of RAW files to DNG using Adobe DNG converter. I selected large JPEG preview but none of these previews are showing. Could somebody please tell me how to fix this? I have Photoshop Elements 5. Thanks,
Kath
Nikon D80
18-135mm 3.5-5.6
50mm 1.4
SB600

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    KMW wrote:
    Hi,
    I just converted hundreds of RAW files to DNG using Adobe DNG converter. I selected large JPEG preview but none of these previews are showing. Could somebody please tell me how to fix this? I have Photoshop Elements 5. Thanks,
    Kath

I don't know about Elements. You should see the previews in a converter like CR or Lightroom and if you apply an edit, you need to update the metadata edits in the DNG so the JPEG itself updates too.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    KMWKMW Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    arodney wrote:
    I don't know about Elements. You should see the previews in a converter like CR or Lightroom and if you apply an edit, you need to update the metadata edits in the DNG so the JPEG itself updates too.
    Thanks for replying. I don't know why the previews are not showing but I ended up doing some batch conversions to JPEG. Now the DNG and JPEGs are side by side. They are pictures of my kids I'd like to backup and be able to find them easily later. I have just switched to RAW and I am learning the whole process. I think from now on I'll photograph my kids using JPEG format and save the RAW for clients. It's way too much work and I never ended up processing any in ACR. At least I have them if I do want to edit them.
    Nikon D80
    18-135mm 3.5-5.6
    50mm 1.4
    SB600