Some Girls Soccer Pix

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited August 28, 2007 in Sports
I stumbled across a soccer tournament this weekend and since it has been a slow summer for shooting, decided to use the opportunity to shake a little of the rust off before the season starts. Thanks for looking......

186133203-M.jpg
186134027-M.jpg

186137197-M.jpg

186135984-M.jpg

186136712-M.jpg
186135171-L.jpg

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    hi John,

looks like a good start to the season thumb.gif I know what you mean about being a little rusty. Time to get those reflexes back in shape to catch peak action :D

have a good (shooting) season.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
  • John PatrickJohn Patrick Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Not sure if you wanted a critique or were just posting for show, but here are my comments anyway.

#1 - Nice facial expression on the girl in white, but the focus looks a bit off, but that might be the result of downsizing to post on the web.

#2 - One of my favorite in-game poses! Nice creamy background gets rid of what looks like could have been trouble. My only nit is that her right fingers got chopped! So close!

#3 - Nice action, but no one is really highlighted (the jumper has her eyes closed). Not your fault, sometimes the shot is perfect, but the subjects are the problem!

#4 - Love the entwined hands showing determination. A bit tight on framing losing abit of fingers there. Don't mind the elbow missing on the girl in red, since she's not the focus.

#5 - My least favorite. Not enough ball, distracting lighting.

#6 - A+. Top one here. Give her some breathing room on the left if possible. Her parents would love to frame this one.

John
    John Patrick
    Canon shooter
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    2, 3 and 6 ROCK!...actually they all rock in my opnion!!

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • PhotoHoundPhotoHound Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    Good stuff, I particularly like #6.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Not sure if you wanted a critique or were just posting for show, but here are my comments anyway.
    John

I am always open to some critique,and you were pretty much spot on with your comments. Thanks for your input.

John