replace photo - 20 minutes and counting

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited August 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to replace a photo and it's now been 20 minutes and it's still churning away. I opened up another browser window, replaced another photo in that gallery, and still, that first photo is not done replacing. Now that it's been over 20 minutes (for a single photo), I suspect it crashed or didn't take?

I know the replace photo message says it can take "a long time" but I could have uploaded a new image and deleted the old one and rearranged everything several times over -- it usually doesn't take this long. :cry

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Yeah-- something is definitely up. I just froze after clicking "create gallery" but if I open another browser window, a new gallery was actually created. headscratch.gif

And-- I checked on that 20-minute replace photo and the photo WAS replaced, but the "replace photo" screen never went away or let me know it had been replaced-- and eventually went to this message:

"I'm sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in, or don't have access to this gallery. Please try again."

Huh? I'm definitely logged in and I definintely have access to that gallery. headscratch.gif

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Checking on it, Pete...
    edited August 21, 2007
    ne_nau.gif

Try again w/ a test image - I just did a replace an it happened right away...
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

Try again w/ a test image - I just did a replace an it happened right away...

Must have been a weird 'hiccup'. It just worked fine for me too. Oddly-- I had three browser windows open to my site during my original post here, and all three logged me out on their own right after I posted. headscratch.gif

But I logged back in and all appears to be working again. Hey, as long as it works I don't need to pretend I understand all these pipes that make up the internets!

edited August 21, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Must have been a weird 'hiccup'. It just worked fine for me too. Oddly-- I had three browser windows open to my site during my original post here, and all three logged me out on their own right after I posted. headscratch.gif

But I logged back in and all appears to be working again. Hey, as long as it works I don't need to pretend I understand all these pipes that make up the internets!

I Blame Opera naughty.gif