Have keywords set at upload time?

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited August 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm looking for a way to set the same keywords for all images being uploaded instead of going in and setting them after being uploaded. I might just be missing something. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    I'm looking for a way to set the same keywords for all images being uploaded instead of going in and setting them after being uploaded. I might just be missing something. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks.

I do this all the time in Adobe Bridge. You just need to put keywords into the proper metadata field in the images before uploading. You can do this in Elements, Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom and most image editors or workflow tools.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007
    Right, do them in your files on your computer so that your own copies of those photos have that info in it even before you upload.

More software now lets you add keywords and metadata to images as they are imported from the camera. The latest versions of Lightroom and Bridge do this, and they do presets.

For instance, I can spend 1 second applying a preset to an import of 100 images coming in from a camera card, and that preset adds copyright, my name, the city, state, and country of the photo to all 100 photos. This is before you have even touched the photos. Of course you can then add specific keywords in the software. After that, you never worry about it again and they are preserved all the way up to Smugmug.
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2007