Options

The wedding singer...

JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited August 23, 2007 in Weddings
I am a photographer at heart but at this particular wedding - I was the wedding singer. But luckily I got to take pictures when the hired photographer was not available! My youngest daughter was a flower girl and I got to go to the hair salon and the reception and take some shots for the bride. I hope she likes them!

My oldest daughter getting ready for the wedding. She was not in the wedding party but she argued that it was not fair if her little sister got to get ready at a hair salon without her! So, I had to cave in!
184050872-L.jpg

My youngest daughter. You can't tell but she HATED the rollers.
184051000-M.jpg

The Bride getting ready.
184055588-M.jpg

Bride and Groom during reception.
184066139-M.jpg

A close family friend.
184066366-M.jpg

I took quite a few photos that day - can't post them all! I had a blast taking pictures without the pressure... I loved it!

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2007
    These are simply stunning! I just love your bright, contrasty black and white conversions. You have an amazing eye for capturing emotion and context. The second one (you daughter) in particular drew me in.

Are you using natural light or flash? In black and white it's hard to tell. Either way your lighting is gorgeous.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    DeadlockDeadlock Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2007
    I'll second the comment on your conversions. Very refreshing and vibrant.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    Are you using natural light or flash? In black and white it's hard to tell. Either way your lighting is gorgeous.

Thank you so much! I did not use flash for these... there was enough light in the hair salon for good exposures and I didn't use flash in the reception area because I didn't want to disrupt the hired photographer. I just stayed in the background and took various candid shots...
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2007
    Deadlock wrote:
    I'll second the comment on your conversions. Very refreshing and vibrant.

Thanks!