New to This Board/Child Shot

MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited February 26, 2005 in People
Hi guys, I'm new to this board. My name is Amanda, or Mayndi for short, and I'm a 20 year old from Indiana. Below is a picture of me, and below BELOW is a picture of a little girl I babysit for
(the whole reason I'm at this board!).

1txbgy

I just recieved a Sony Cybershot 4.1 for Christmas (i know i know, not a very great camera) but I've been snapping pictures galore ever since. I just wanted some place where I could show some of the pictures I've been taking. And what a website!

Here's the picture below, I know it's sideways, but my Windows Paint won't save in JPG. (I'm on my grandpa's computer). Guess I'll just have to hook my tower up to fix it. Blah!

Can't wait to hear from some of you! I'm always willing to make new friends. Here's the picture of Tyla, the 4 year old I babysit.

1xx5pi

Again, can't wait to talk to some of you on here! I have tons of pictures I'd love to share and I'd love to see your pics too!

Love, Mayndi
Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
"i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
Hidilia Carpenter
1/3/32 - 12/28/04

Comments

• amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Hi Mayndi...

Red date-stamp and sideways presentation notwithstanding, I really like the child portrait, and also the landscape from your other post. Both are lovely shots; well composed and engaging. We look forward to your getting the tower fixed up. (Oh, on the portrait, you sort of cropped a part of one shoulder, making the shot just a tad asymmetrical.) So far, I think you've got a good eye for this photography thing....keep shooting.

Oh, and the shot of you...you may wish to make it an avatar in the Control Panel section of the board. It will save you some time when you post new shots.

Cheers...
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Welcome to the neighborhood! As a door prize, a non-dated version of your photo. I also took the liberty to fool with the levels a wee bit.

I love the "from the top" style perspective, most execelent. thumb.gif

16488756-O.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Welcome Mayndi... Take as many pics as you can... there is a lot to learn here.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Remembered this thread a second ago..... the software works great and has a rotate function, along with some other very handy features. And it's free. mwink.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    amc wrote:
    Hi Mayndi...

Red date-stamp and sideways presentation notwithstanding, I really like the child portrait, and also the landscape from your other post. Both are lovely shots; well composed and engaging. We look forward to your getting the tower fixed up. (Oh, on the portrait, you sort of cropped a part of one shoulder, making the shot just a tad asymmetrical.) So far, I think you've got a good eye for this photography thing....keep shooting.

Oh, and the shot of you...you may wish to make it an avatar in the Control Panel section of the board. It will save you some time when you post new shots.

Cheers...
    thanks so much for the help! never been to one message board in my life, so it's nice to hear from someone who knows what they're doing :)
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
    edited February 26, 2005
    Remembered this thread a second ago..... the software works great and has a rotate function, along with some other very handy features. And it's free. mwink.gif
    it's downloading as i type. thanks so much for bringing that to my knowledge!
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
    edited February 26, 2005
    Welcome to the neighborhood! As a door prize, a non-dated version of your photo. I also took the liberty to fool with the levels a wee bit.

I love the "from the top" style perspective, most execelent. thumb.gif

16488756-O.jpg
    ah that is great! thanks so much for taking time to do that!
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Welcome to DGrin Mayndi! :):

I really like the contrast and lighting of this shot, and the lil' girl is such a cutie pie!

The only thing is her right shoulder being either cropped out.

Can't wait to see more of your pics~

Heidi
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....