Options

CH33: She's so happy.

MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited March 3, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know it's sideways, but my computer is actng strange and suddenly will not rotate pictures and save them as anything but BMP. Ah.

This is a 4 year old girl I babysit for. She's happy.

1xx74p
Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
"i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
Hidilia Carpenter
1/3/32 - 12/28/04

Comments

• Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Hi Mayndi!
    Mayndi wrote:
    I know it's sideways, but my computer is actng strange and suddenly will not rotate pictures and save them as anything but BMP. Ah.

This is a 4 year old girl I babysit for. She's happy.

1xx74p

I feel so privileged to be the first to respond!

First off, this is a really lovely photo! You've really captured the essence of this bubbly little girl. That much is absolutely wonderful! I have a request for you, though...you've made a common newbie mistake and hopefully, you'll be able to fix it for the future. If you do nothing else...please look at your camera manual and get rid of the date stamp on your photos!!! It really detracts from any artistry...says loud and clear "I'm a beginner here", Laughing.gif!

I don't think you'll be a beginner for long, though...if this photo is any indication! You have a good eye for composition (well, seeing it sideways is a little hard, but I'm pretty sure it's good, rolleyes1.gif ). It's overexposed a little, but I don't think it detracts really because the rest of it is so good! You and the little girl obviously have a great connection which has translated very well onto this image. For you being a newbie, I'm very impressed!!!

As for the computer problems, I'm not enough of a computer geek to help you out with that issue (but I'll bet someone here probably is, so hang tight!).

Really enjoyed your photo...(now go get rid of that date stamp, quick!!!)

(((Hugs))),
    ~Nee wave.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    My thoughts exactly.. Nee it's replies like yours that makes me so glad I found this site. That was such a thoughtful response. It can be intimidating to start posting when there are so many great photographers on this site.. Mayndi keep posting you will learn alot.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Welcome to Digital Grin!!!

Nice shot of a beautiful subject. It is a bit overexposed, but I love the composition.clap.gif Hope you don't mind the touch up.

mitch
  • Options
    joechiujoechiu Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Lovely picture! It's very cute!

It might be just me, but I get distracted by strong reflections off the eyes in pictures, and that's happened with this girl's eyes.