Introducing...

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited January 28, 2008 in People
My children :D

I'll start with my oldest daughter and work my way down to my youngest daughter, and yes, they are ALL mine.

#1. My 21 year old daughter. I took this for for her driving license. (Yes we can do our own photo's over here in the UK and it's about the best shot I have of her because she doesn't live at home).

IMG_9192-01_eb.jpg?4b2cd5

#2. My 18 year old daughter.

IMG_9427-01_naturally_beautiful_copyrighted_500.jpg

#3. My 15 year old daughter.

IMG_3261_500.jpg?32f256

#4 & 5. My 11 year old twin daughters. Would you believe, this was taken with a sony cybershot DSC-P10.

DSC07604_new_hair_cuts_bp_500.jpg

#6. My 7 year old daughter.

IMG_1249_500.jpg

#7. My 3 year old Son.

IMG_1789-01_colour_500.jpg?b9ca7e

#8. My 2 year old baby girl.

IMG_1706-01_cropped_500.jpg
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2007
    Alison, these are beautiful, and your girls are beautiful too. You did great job on the portraits, and thank you for sharing! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2007
    Alison, very well done! While all are good, I personally think #2 and #6 are outstanding!clap.gif
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Beautiful children! And wonderful captures! clap.gif
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Wow, Great photos and beautiful family. I feel sorry for the poor little boy. He probably gets picked on by all those girls.rolleyes1.gif I wish we could take our driver's licence photos here in the USA. Ours look like prison photos.:D All your kids are beautiful but your 15 year olds eyes are outstanding.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    What a gorgeous family!!! And stunning photos of them all! How wonderful to have such a talented mom in the family to capture all these beautiful faces over the years. Congratulations! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    All I can say is..... That poor boy!! If my math is correct 7 sisters. He may never get to see the inside of a bathroom - lol.

Oh BTW, love the pictures also expecially #3 and #6
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Your three eldest look like different versions of the same person and your twins look like younger versions of Cameron Diaz. And your son, looks like a complete bruiser (in the nicest way possible) in his shot! Eight lovely children, you really are blessed - but how the heck do you find time to take photos?? Great job.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    What a gorgeous group of ladies (and lad!). And the photography isn't second rate either :D
    I think a group portrait of all of them would be very powerful! Something to think about.
  • LAB.ratLAB.rat Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    He may never get to see the inside of a bathroom
    rolleyes1.gif

For me 2 & esp. 8

Don't forget to pick an anti-aliasing method for your type.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    You have 8 kids? From 21 on down to 2? Wow so there is still hope for me huh? I have a 15 year old, and I told my husband the other day..."I want a baby!!!!!!!!!!!" He did this --->eek7.gif . I noticed the baby is the only one with brown eyes.

You have beautiful kids!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Wow great shots and beautiful children =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Beautiful children and beautiful photos.
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Thank you so much everyone :D
    What a gorgeous group of ladies (and lad!). And the photography isn't second rate either :D
    I think a group portrait of all of them would be very powerful! Something to think about.

I have thought about it but it's not easy getting them altogether in one place at the same time and the babies just don't pay attention when they are in a large group. I do, however, have this shot. Taken last year on a family day out thumb.gif Not the best of shots but at least they are all in the pic lol.

IMG_6248_500.jpg?386cd3
    Seneca wrote:
    You have 8 kids? From 21 on down to 2? Wow so there is still hope for me huh? I have a 15 year old, and I told my husband the other day..."I want a baby!!!!!!!!!!!" He did this --->eek7.gif . I noticed the baby is the only one with brown eyes.

You have beautiful kids!

Yeah and I'm well happy about that. I was getting fed up with blue eyes lol.
    She get's them from her Daddy. He has dark brown eyes too :D
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    All I can say is..... That poor boy!!

Are you kidding me..... 2 words...... Sister's friends!!!!!

He is going to LOVE it when he is older wings.gif
  • AlphaMaleAlphaMale Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2007
    8 Swings No Strikes!
    Beautiful Kids and amazing photos. Normally I would say "You have 8 kids, you're crazy", but I guess when they keep coming out as perfect and beautiful as these, why stop!

As a Photographer you've done a great job capturing the happiness in their faces and as a Mom you've done an amazing job putting it there.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    wow, you could field an entire softball team with your family.

and that would be one gorgeous softball team!

really superb pictures!
    edited August 25, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    wow, you could field an entire softball team with your family.

and that would be one gorgeous softball team!

really superb pictures!

Laughing.gif
    Something tells me the fans wouldn't be there to watch the game mwink.gif

• NickNick Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2007
    These are all wonderful, and your children are beautiful. For me it is number two. Great photo, and great pose.

I am grateful I am not your husband. I already aged beyond my years raising two daughters. Can't imagine what he is going through.

And please tell me how you got them to pose for you. My children always ran, when I picked up a camera.

Nick
    edited August 26, 2007
    Nick wrote:
    These are all wonderful, and your children are beautiful. For me it is number two. Great photo, and great pose.

I am grateful I am not your husband. I already aged beyond my years raising two daughters. Can't imagine what he is going through.

And please tell me how you got them to pose for you. My children always ran, when I picked up a camera.

Nick

People actually do think my hubby is older than he is lol.

And they often do run from the camera especially the babies. If any of the older kids run from me I just shrug my shoulders and say, "OK". Then I go try another one Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    There's usually at least one willing to pose for me clap.gif

• evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Excellent Portfolio! I especially like 2 and 7!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    My children :D

Alison, what is in the water over there? I can't believe that much beauty in one family...

All are beautiful, but your 18-year-old should be in the modeling business. She has the 'look.'

If I ever get to the UK, I'd definitely love a shoot with your family.

Hinson
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
    edited August 27, 2007
    Hinson wrote:
    Alison, what is in the water over there? I can't believe that much beauty in one family...

All are beautiful, but your 18-year-old should be in the modeling business. She has the 'look.'

If I ever get to the UK, I'd definitely love a shoot with your family.

Hinson

Wow! That would be so cool. I don't have many decent photographs with me in them. Y'know you can give your camera to someone else but they just don't know how to make you stand or sit to minimise those unwanted bulges.
    That's where an experienced photographer comes in. I just can't afford one. That's why I took up photography, to get excellent photographs of my children without the cost. I hasten to add that I NEVER buy school photographs anymore either :D

And my 18 year old is with a modelling agency. Clients have looked at her pictures, unfortunately, none of them have chosen her for work yet.

• HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    Wow! That would be so cool. I don't have many decent photographs with me in them. Y'know you can give your camera to someone else but they just don't know how to make you stand or sit to minimise those unwanted bulges.
    That's where an experienced photographer comes in. I just can't afford one. That's why I took up photography, to get excellent photographs of my children without the cost. I hasten to add that I NEVER buy school photographs anymore either :D

And my 18 year old is with a modelling agency. Clients have looked at her pictures, unfortunately, none of them have chosen her for work yet.

Alison, you have some real talent. I'm sure you could find another pro-photog in your area that you could swap services with. I've done that on numerous occassions.

And speaking of talent, your images on your site are fantastic. I love the one with the baby and sunglasses and the last one with the girl and the tattoo. I'd pp out the strap or reshoot without the top but that shot is a prize winner.

Hinson
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
    edited August 27, 2007
    Hinson wrote:
    and the last one with the girl and the tattoo. I'd pp out the strap or reshoot without the top but that shot is a prize winner.

Hinson

Been there, done that, pp'd out the strap, entered into a contest about 4 or 5 times and it has come up with nothing!
    Thank you anyway.

• amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    absolutely beautiful photographs and family. love your work. i tried unsuccessfully talking my hubby into a fourth. only my youngest (18) willingly submits to my camera. oh the opportunities lost:)

amy

http://www.amywilburn.smugmug.com/gallery/2392782#246849838
  • KawguyKawguy Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2008
    I had to show your post to my wife..beautiful family you have there.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    What a nice family set. And it is so easy to see the comparison.
    Growing with Dgrin

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    An absolutely beautiful family!!!thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    Your the one with all the kids right? Love to see an updated picture of all of them.
    edited January 28, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Your the one with all the kids right? Love to see an updated picture of all of them.

Laughing.gif I'm working on it. It's not easy getting them all in one place at one time lol.