Options

Angkor Wat Etc

jlg84jlg84 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited August 25, 2007 in Journeys
I just took my brand-spanking-new Canon 5D to Angkor Wat for a short holiday, and have posted a selection on my Smugmug page. Would really appreciate constructive criticism and advice so that I can improve my images!

http://shuanglong.smugmug.com/Travel/366295

Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 50D / 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye / 24-70mm f/2.8L / 16-35mm f/2.8L II / 70-200mm f/2.8L IS / 50mm f/1.4 / Speedlight 580 EX-II / Canon G9
http://shuanglong.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Have been thinking on this after looking at your things pretty well. You look to be a busy person going to many wonderful places. You have the nice equipment and you are taking alot of shots. Taking alot of shots is a good thing. Makes sure you can walk away with a few worth the effort after you weed out the ones that don't make the statement your looking for. Having looked at hundreds of your photos I see you have quite a few that are gems. Quite a few. thumb.gif I won't go on heavily cause I think that would be over the top and I don't want to bumble the ball so's to speak.

In short let me say this. I have been exactly where your at in taking pictures and wanting to do better. Took me awhile before I got better.
    If I did get better. ne_nau.gif:D

Your a pro and hired as such. I think what you might need is fast track
    skipping the long read for just now. But do the long read when you find the time. Meanwhile I would suggest hiring a personal trainer in photography.
    Get you to where you want to be in fairly short order. From taking the shot
    right (exposure. really seeing the subject. angle. et....), editing, processing the image to make it pop and the list goes on. So I recommend going one one. Find a photographer who has talent and gives classes. Would be so worth the money spent! Could be like adding a magical lense in your bag.

Ok, I'm done. Gads, I hope this helps! I have no desire to be a wanker. :D
    Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    jlg84jlg84 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Not a Pro!
    Thanks very much for the kind words and advice!

If by 'pro' you mean professional photographer, let me set you straight right away! I am by no means a pro, merely a very enthusiastic amateur! Also, since I live in China, I doubt I'll be able to find a decent trainer to work one-on-one with me. But it's worth checking into at the good photo stores around town.
    DaddyO wrote:
    Have been thinking on this after looking at your things pretty well. You look to be a busy person going to many wonderful places. You have the nice equipment and you are taking alot of shots. Taking alot of shots is a good thing. Makes sure you can walk away with a few worth the effort after you weed out the ones that don't make the statement your looking for. Having looked at hundreds of your photos I see you have quite a few that are gems. Quite a few. thumb.gif I won't go on heavily cause I think that would be over the top and I don't want to bumble the ball so's to speak.

In short let me say this. I have been exactly where your at in taking pictures and wanting to do better. Took me awhile before I got better.
    If I did get better. ne_nau.gif:D

Your a pro and hired as such. I think what you might need is fast track
    skipping the long read for just now. But do the long read when you find the time. Meanwhile I would suggest hiring a personal trainer in photography.
    Get you to where you want to be in fairly short order. From taking the shot
    right (exposure. really seeing the subject. angle. et....), editing, processing the image to make it pop and the list goes on. So I recommend going one one. Find a photographer who has talent and gives classes. Would be so worth the money spent! Could be like adding a magical lense in your bag.

Ok, I'm done. Gads, I hope this helps! I have no desire to be a wanker. :D
    Michael

Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 50D / 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye / 24-70mm f/2.8L / 16-35mm f/2.8L II / 70-200mm f/2.8L IS / 50mm f/1.4 / Speedlight 580 EX-II / Canon G9
    http://shuanglong.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    As a pro in your work life I see you are an International Business Strategist.
    Thats what I meant by pro in this case. thumb.gif
    Michael