Comments

• Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    I can't see the picture :cry ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Fascha, do you have sharing/linking turned on for your gallery?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    FaschaFascha Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    two for two
    wxwax wrote:
    Fascha, do you have sharing/linking turned on for your gallery?
    ok - fixed - second time in a row. I promise I'll try to get it right the 7th or 8th time
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Fascha wrote:
    ok - fixed - second time in a row. I promise I'll try to get it right the 7th or 8th time

lol3.gif

Hey, that's a really good shot! Took me a minute to realize it was really happening in a game. Nice reactions, mate. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    I don't know if others see it too, but all your pictures seem to be taken through a glass window with "proof" written on it mwink.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    fascha: could you post this without the watermark?
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Fascha wrote:
    Fullerton @ UC Santa Barbara 2/24/05
    16460999-M.jpg

more pics

No strobe this time :(
    That is an AWESOME shot! I love his facial expersion.
    Go bannana slugs.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2005
    watermark
    Angelo wrote:
    fascha: could you post this without the watermark?
    I wish I could. I had to swear on the lives of most of my family to the AD Media Relations guy that I wouldn't post anything in public without the watermark. It really sucks too though because the athlete's face is really nicely blocked by the 'proof' :(

Although - I just shot a club rugby match today, and since that's not NCAA, I can post a couple of shots from that without the watermark. I'm uploading now. I'll get a post up in a sec or three.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    Fascha wrote:
    I wish I could. I had to swear on the lives of most of my family to the AD Media Relations guy that I wouldn't post anything in public without the watermark. It really sucks too though because the athlete's face is really nicely blocked by the 'proof' :(

Although - I just shot a club rugby match today, and since that's not NCAA, I can post a couple of shots from that without the watermark. I'm uploading now. I'll get a post up in a sec or three.
    Fascha: I recall you stated that in an earlier thread; I apologize. This is a fantastic shot. It brings to mind those action shots in which the subject eventually slams into the camera.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    Very nice Fascha ^5
    As already stated. "great timing" thumb.gifthumb.gif

This came out well. Plus, I see that this game was heavily attended like the games I shoot.....lol

So what aperture were you using? I would have thought that with the action seemingly so close to the camera, that you'd have gotten a more blurred BG using a wide aperture headscratch.gif

Anyhow, a very nice shot of a not often seen "moment in the game".

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2005
    As already stated. "great timing" thumb.gifthumb.gif

This came out well. Plus, I see that this game was heavily attended like the games I shoot.....lol

So what aperture were you using? I would have thought that with the action seemingly so close to the camera, that you'd have gotten a more blurred BG using a wide aperture headscratch.gif

Anyhow, a very nice shot of a not often seen "moment in the game".

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    Thanks much for the kind words to all who have replied.

Yeah, people tell me that UCSB basketball used to sell out the 6000 seat Thunderdome, but I've only seen it happen once - and that was when our women's team played a couple of NCAA playoff games there. Although we did get 11000+ for soccer once this season (playoff game too) We hover at about 1000 and change most games. Nothing is more sad than a quiet arena...

As for that photo, I was shooting at 2.8 400

I'm actually playing with a new lens that I recently sold my soul to purchase - the 24-70 2.8L. I'm thinking that might be why I got a little more background clarity. I'm certainly not used to working with glass of the quality. I was pertty surprised too. Backgrounds are a really big weakness for me, too. I never seem to pay attention until I get the shot on my screen and realize that my nice action shot has a little kid picking his nose in perfect focus in the corner.

I shot another men's basketball game tonight, but I didn't get anything really special, so I'll just put a humble link here rather than a big showy new post.

Whew, photography is done for the day. Now on to the tranlsation!