Options

waterfall

johnhjohnh Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 25, 2007 in Landscapes
Shot this last weekend. After over a month with no rain, I was able to stand in the middle of the river for the shot, in what would have normally been rapids several feet deep. It was taken at Bald River Falls In the Cherokee National Forest with the Canon 18-55 kit lens and Hoya polarizer.

Comments

• Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Very nice
    johnh wrote:
    Shot this last weekend. After over a month with no rain, I was able to stand in the middle of the river for the shot, in what would have normally been rapids several feet deep.

Some details like where it was shot...

Regards,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    MikkoMikko Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Johnh,

I like the idea here. I like how you added the surrounding landsape and didnt just focus on the waterfall. However, I feel you shouldnt have cut off the rocks at the bottom in the river. But instead included them in the photo fully. I also wouild also try this shot again with the sun at your back so that you dont over expose the water fall and the sky. Another idea is to try this shot at dusk or dawn depending on the direction it is facing. By doing this you will get a better exposure. If you do a long exposure at this time of day you will get a smooth silky texture to the water. Just an idea. Hope to see some more.

MIK
  • Options
    johnhjohnh Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Mikko wrote:
    Johnh,

I like the idea here. I like how you added the surrounding landsape and didnt just focus on the waterfall. However, I feel you shouldnt have cut off the rocks at the bottom in the river. But instead included them in the photo fully. I also wouild also try this shot again with the sun at your back so that you dont over expose the water fall and the sky. Another idea is to try this shot at dusk or dawn depending on the direction it is facing. By doing this you will get a better exposure. If you do a long exposure at this time of day you will get a smooth silky texture to the water. Just an idea. Hope to see some more.

MIK
    Here's one with more of the river. The light was flat like that most of day. I'll try to get some with better lighting before the water rises again.