Options

Pray for me

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 28, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Today they(hotel) have called me to do something they want to test me. Have to do with h5 :huh
But i saw where they want to put them small pamphlets or 10x15 prints nothing like 10 feet by 15 feet i think h5 can do decent job yes i know it is not suited for interiors but there are so many ways in art
I hope i will be able to do what i have visualized

:huh
But they also have an official photog i told them i cannot do events as i want to do so i won't do them they were still positive :wink
Any way today is big day and also after 6 hrs going to mountains to capture season changes then will go to hotel
any tips ? for 35 mm camera please no suggestion of equipment nothing is available where i live nor have anything in pocket axcept texi fare:wink i have tripod that is decent ND and polarizor and gorrila pod
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    No tips, just praise Awais.

You already know what your doing. Just go in there and perform your craft and walk away knowing you did the best of your abilities w/ the equipment you had.

Knock it out the park!

In our prayers.

-Jon
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    I will keep a positive thought for you.
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    You will be just fine -- we have all seen your work here and know that you're capable of nearly anything you put your mind to do! Congrats again thumb.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif You are a terrific photographer Awais, and you prove :D over and over and over again on this forum that it's not the equipment, it's the person behind the lens. You'll do great.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Today they(hotel) have called me to do something they want to test me. Have to do with h5 eek7.gif
    But i saw where they want to put them small pamphlets or 10x15 prints nothing like 10 feet by 15 feet i think h5 can do decent job yes i know it is not suited for interiors but there are so many ways in art
    I hope i will be able to do what i have visualized

eek7.gif
    But they also have an official photog i told them i cannot do events as i want to do so i won't do them they were still positive mwink.gif
    Any way today is big day and also after 6 hrs going to mountains to capture season changes then will go to hotel
    any tips ? for 35 mm camera please no suggestion of equipment nothing is available where i live nor have anything in pocket axcept texi faremwink.gif i have tripod that is decent ND and polarizor and gorrila pod

Go for it Awais! clap.gif
    We'll be thinking of you, give 'em your best shot mate thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    I'll be cheering for you too. You've managed so many great shots before, i don't see you failing any time soon.
    Good luck! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2007
    eek7.gif just returned i met a shef of BBC food may favurite channel eek7.gif
    did some food photography
    I think i did well now editing they want to keep shots secret until marketing campain starts
    now editing pictures i hope they are pleased with final results
    Thanks for prayers there was lots of energy i kept shooting food without eating it rolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2007
    Great! Hope we get to see the results since you didn't eat them all!!!!! binge.gif
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2007
    clap.gifwings.gifivar:whewcheerleader.gifbread

Received a phone call from manager he told GM loved the work i did. He has called me again to decide about what else they need

Plus what i will charge them i am clueless.what ever they want to pay ?headscratch.gif
    My friend who is a graphic designer charges about 500$ to only design a broucher of large profit earning companies. Any suggestion ? hotel is made for luxery class of people diplomats etc rolleyes1.gif and listed in world's leading hotel the only one in Pakistan.
    Any tips please i think they hired me because i am a student and won't ask for a lot ne_nau.gif
    H5 and ploarizer + Gorrila pod did the job :D and their official photog with Nikon gear was asking me for tips fo rbetter photos mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    their official photog with Nikon gear was asking me for tips fo rbetter photos mwink.gif

Ha ha! That's wonderful and I'm ecstatic that it's turning out even better and better for you. wings.gif
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Excellent Awais!

Knew you'd knock it out the park!thumb.gifclap.gif :ivar wings.gif

I have a friend that shoots things like this. PM me w/ some details and I'll get some pricing from him and give you some numbers to at least start w/!
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2007
    Congrats Awais! We never doubted you could pull it off for a minute! Hope we get to see some of what you shot! thumb.gif
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    So sorry I missed this thread Awais, congratulations, it sounds as though you're rising to the challenge, good man.

Who was the chef in question?

Charlie
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2007
    thebigsky wrote:
    So sorry I missed this thread Awais, congratulations, it sounds as though you're rising to the challenge, good man.

Who was the chef in question?

Charlie
    headscratch.gif Name i forgot he was from England
    Thanks for kind words everyone :D

My Gallery