LPS Candidates - Poll free :)

Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are a couple of different angles on the same subject. Are any of these LPS worthy under the machine category?

187891369-L.jpg

#2 Friendly riders and driver
187891283-L.jpg

#3 Pink flavor:
187891357-L.jpg

#4 Green flavor:
187891590-L.jpg

Comments

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Of these choices, I like #3 the best! I like the composition and lines as well as the pink against the blue.

Jesse
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    #1 and # are my favorites. I love the curve of the lines in #1, but #3 seems to make me linger longer, searching out the greater detail of the image.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    I like the clean geometry of #1 and the closer view of # 3. #1 makes me think more and engages my interest. I keep thinking, what would # 3 look like with just a sky background and that same sense of suspension in space.
    Laura
    Laura
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

Olympus EVolt 500
    [/FONT]
    http://sunsetsailor.smugmug.com
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I pick the first one, because it reminds me of a space shuttle at that angle.:D
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I like #1 and #3. I enjoy looking at #1 the most for several reasons. I love the clear blue sky and the way the clouds circle and form a frame. I like the upward direction of the tram and track. I feel as if I am standing on the ground looking up, up, up and it gives me a sense of being there. Not seeing any of the trees gives me an indication of how high and how free it is. Wish I could ride one of these to work!
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    #1 works. It has a degree of abstract elegance the others do not achieve.
  • JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    #1 and #4....
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • macmacmacmac Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I really # 3 the trees and water in the background add.
    Joe

www.joemcdowellphotography.com
    www.joemcdowellphotography.blogspot.com

Canon 30D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 III USM
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Good image w/o keystoning
    Pat664422 wrote:

187891369-L.jpg
    Hey Pat,

1 has a lot of potential; but the keystone effect [vertical girders not vertical] could be overcome using vanishing point or free transform/warp.

Then I would right crop so the middle line on the rail intersects your picture corner.

With a little pop, this could easily become a superb image!
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    #1 as well.

Question on #2 - was that taken from above at the Contemporary?
    Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I have to say I like number 2, but with a different crop....

I positioned the browser window to just below the train...brought in the sides a bit, leaving some of the curve from the opposite track visible (right side) and then brought it down from the top...and to me...

It looks like the train is coming right at ya..with nice dof...

Just my thoughts...

Nice Shots....Great Monorail capture..Disney in Cali? Cuz I don't remember the Orlando Monorail with colors...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I like #1 the best. The curves of the structure against the sky make it more interesting to me than the others.
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Thanks for all the feedback. I've recropped #1 a little bit, boosted the saturation some and submitted it. It was actually may favorite of the bunch, but I didn't expect it to be well received. I also like #3 too, so it was a tough decision.

Trasmc - I was at the Contemporary hotel when taking these pics but was only there for the pics. The fine people at Disney didn't have a problem with it thankfully.

Tentacion - These are the monorails at DisneyWorld in Orlando - as far as I can remember they have always been painted. Sounds like it's been a while since you visited! My wife is a Disney nut so we go at least once a year. The people were waving back to her in #2 while I was taking the pic. I wanted to achieve the coming-right-at-you-effect, but it looks like I was standing off to the side.
    BistiArt wrote:
    1 has a lot of potential; but the keystone effect [vertical girders not vertical] could be overcome using vanishing point or free transform/warp.

Then I would right crop so the middle line on the rail intersects your picture corner.

I'm not familiar with some of the techniques you are mentioning. It may be because #1 - I don't know a lot about Photo editing and #2 - I am using Elements 4.0. As far as I can tell the the support on the right side is vertical - they have a strange shape though and I could be wrong. I did try recropping it a bit as you described, but also didn't want to lose too much of the cloud-framing Indie pointed out.

Here is the pic I have submitted at the moment:

188236651-L.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who replied!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:

Tentacion - These are the monorails at DisneyWorld in Orlando - as far as I can remember they have always been painted. Sounds like it's been a while since you visited! My wife is a Disney nut so we go at least once a year.
    Oh that brings back memories. I was doing a project in FL when I was 25 and my boss was friends with some honcho at Disney. They worked a deal where it was cheaper to house me in the Wilderness Village than it was to put me up in a hotel for 8 months. There's nothing like hanging with Mickey or hitting Pleasure Island every night after work. I haven't been right since!

I really like the updated photo. Very nice image.