Options

How's it done? Eh?

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited February 26, 2005 in Technique
I've been wondering. :help :bow

How do you's fancy pants'es do that "frame" thing in photoshop? You know, pretty picture, with a shadded matting or something like that, with a title and your name in the corner.....it looks nice! And I'd like to do it! I figure it :scratch has to do with layers, but I get lost from there. I'm good with "eye" stuff, levels and edits and so on, but the operational side of photoshop evades me yet. I'm on PS7.

Any "idiot walk thru's" or tutorial websites would be great, having trouble coming up with anything on my own. :baldy

Thanks!
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    I've been wondering. :help bowdown.gif

How do you's fancy pants'es do that "frame" thing in photoshop? You know, pretty picture, with a shadded matting or something like that, with a title and your name in the corner.....it looks nice! And I'd like to do it! I figure it headscratch.gif has to do with layers, but I get lost from there. I'm good with "eye" stuff, levels and edits and so on, but the operational side of photoshop evades me yet. I'm on PS7.

Any "idiot walk thru's" or tutorial websites would be great, having trouble coming up with anything on my own. :baldy

Thanks!

ctrl-j
    ctrl-j

now you have 3 layers
    middle layer, incr canvas size (suit to taste)
    window->styles>drop shadow (fiddle to taste)
    i finish the whole thing off with a black stroke on the top layer

there's another way, here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=3441&postcount=7

oh ps: found that link by using the "search" button :D

good luck!
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Thanks andy. I searched a couple things ne_nau.gif, prolly lack of intelligence (or proper keyword). :D

I'll work on it, thanks for the info!
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Thanks andy. I searched a couple things ne_nau.gif, prolly lack of intelligence (or proper keyword). :D

I'll work on it, thanks for the info!

no worries! just making sure that folks know it's there. yeah, it's hard to get it right, but it is somewhat useful, that search box.

good luck, ride!
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    And if you find one that you like,create an action for it..I did and good thing cause I dont remember how I did it headscratch.gif