I Don't Know What I don't Know -help please.

SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited August 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay, I learned a lot last week, now I hope you guys can help me be a better photographer. Here are my possibles for LPS 11. What do you think?
Laura:scratch

#1 "Dreams for Sale" revised 8/26
187340004-L.jpg

#2 "Tomorrow" revised 8/26
187885974-L.jpg

#3 "Short Attention Span"
187886174-L.jpg
Laura
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

Olympus EVolt 500
[/FONT]
http://sunsetsailor.smugmug.com

Comments

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    #2!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Of these three, #2 is probably my favorite, although it seems a bit oversaturated. I also wish there was a touch more space above the top of the crane. I think this can be a great image.

#1 also caught my attention, however, the crop on the front of the car is a little awkward feeling to me.

I wish you the very best of luck, whichever you decide to go with. Your titles are all awesome!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    #2!
    15524779-Ti.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Thanks everyone, I'm working on #2 almost as I type. I've desaturated it a little, added a smigen more space above the crane top and cloned out some halo details. I will go to smugmug and replace the original with the revision as soon as I finish this post. You are so helpful with this fine tuning stuff!
    Laura
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

Olympus EVolt 500
    [/FONT]
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Color cast
    Thanks everyone, I'm working on #2 almost as I type.

I'm not very good with color cast, but I think the image shows too much pink in the clouds. Unfortunately, I am not at my regular PC, so I cant look up how to do color cast.

Anyone else think this? Anyone know how to fix it?
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Thanks Joe, It's pink on my monitor too - I adjusted the WB in a RAW editor - if I go cooler the clouds turn whiter, if I go warmer they muddy out but I'll try some tweaking on the warmer side and see what it looks like.
    Laura
    Laura

Olympus EVolt 500
    [/FONT]
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Love #2. #1 is also very nice, like the lighting, but would get rid of the signs.