Hey winners, whatcha got?!?

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited August 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
As the second semifinal closed and PM's were sent and received, it occurred to me that our title sponsor, SmugMug, has now given away an insane amount of prizes! Two full rounds of this have been dispensed:
Public Choice Award (4 per year)
1st: $1500(USD) Gift Certificate to B&H Photo, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Lightroom, a Crumpler Brazillion Dollar Home a Lensbaby 3G and a 1 year SmugMug Pro account
2nd: Adobe Photoshop CS2 and a 1 Year SmugMug Pro account
3rd: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and a 1 year SmugMug Pro account
4th through 10th - 1 year SmugMug Pro account
So what the heck, I'm calling all the winners: brag, gloat...:ear
  • whaddya get with your B&H certificates?
  • Anyone put some sweet customizations on their comp'ed SM pro sites yet?
  • What color Crumpler did you order?
  • Is the Lensbaby all its cracked up to be?
  • How do you like Lightroom? or Photoshop?
This forum has really become a hangout spot for all you contenders, so go ahead and share. Looking at the prize list, it's a little like a major holiday if I do say so myself!

And while I'm at it, if it's not clear, I'm not a SmugMug employee, so I would also like to thank them for delivering on the goods in a major, major way.
:clap
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    As the SF2 top ten winner by default... I truly appreciate the 1 year smugmug pro account... A couple of months ago I had just sold enough prints to pay for another year now I can consider it profit and spend it in some frivolous manner... rolleyes1.gif My site is about how I like it for now no sweet customizations lately... I'm concentrating on LPS #11 man or machine... shot a demolition derby not sure if I will use one of those shots or one I took in my garage of a work bench grinder with sparks flying... I'm leaning towards the latter... :D Hope to win some of the bigger prizes in the future rounds...

So Doc... I understand you don't like driving on the other side of the road? How many times have you turned on your windshield wipers instead of your blinker while making a turn? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Winston
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    So Doc... I understand you don't like driving on the other side of the road? How many times have you turned on your windshield wipers instead of your blinker while making a turn? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Winston

He's been passenger in my car most of the time & its a VW with everything opposite to my work truck so he may not be doing it himself but i can assure you ...he is seeing it a lot lol3.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    I ditto Winston - my annual dues were due this month and I was thrilled to not have to pay them! That's motivation for me!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    I love giving out the goods!

clap.gifclap.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I love giving out the goods!

clap.gifclap.gif

And you do a great job of it Andy! Thanks for my free year Pro's subscription. I guess that means I have another year to get my (photograhic) act together! rolleyes1.gif Someday I'll finish my site. Thanks Dgrin. :saurora
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    For me, I was only new to this site at the start of March and hadn't yet opened a pro account.

So placing in the top 10 of SF2 was great, because now I have an account and I'm already planning to customize it to suit a design I've had in mind for a while. This is something that I plan on continuing as well (I was thinking about it anyway); and now I have some friends interested in signing up as well.

Also, being lucky enough to have a photo that appealed to several people, I've also picked up a copy of Lightroom in SF2, so as far as I'm concerned, smugmug is great.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Whoohoo to the "Goods Givers"
    I was going to switch anyway but...um.....yaaa, I won a free year...groovy (dating myself)mwink.gif Working on customizing, created a cool banner and getting things in order for clients and print orders. Smuggy, you're the best!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 27, 2007
    Cool!

Now where are our big winners... I wanna hear what kind of business we're giving B&H! naughty.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    I just received my email notification of the BH gift cards being in transit. I have the tracking numbers so now I can start my internet screen refresh routine and watch them enroute (I think I have my lucky socks around still). Can hardly wait. Since my family participated and sacrificed so much for me to do this, I am including them in the decision. Looks like we are leaning towards the new iMAC for the family. wings.gif Then I think I'll get a Mark III, a few new lenses, a hand full of flashes with pocket wizards, then I read a little bit about the talent they are selling...I think I'll get a little of that too(I think the Pro Talent). It is hard to compare anything to Christmas, but if you are comparing just the presents under the tree...this beats it!!!!! THANKS ANDY!!!!!

OK, so my recommendation to those who were just short of making it...Think a little outside the box, look for inspiration, take some ponder time to get the right idea, then shoot, shoot again, post process, post for review, repeat, until you get it. If I can sneak into the top ten, so can you. Thanks again to everyone that made this possible!!!! I appreciate your votes!!! And so does my family!!

PS My wife says I can keep my camera.