LPS 11... take two

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited August 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
188215700-L.jpg

Feedback? I like the subject and composition but don't know how I feel about the color of the sky.

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    This would also have been a terrific candidate for the silhouette theme. mwink.gif

The color of the sky is fine but it lacks "pop". I'd be tempted to burn some more detail into those clouds.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Personally I like the silver sky, but if turns out I am in the minority, it wouldn't be the first time. As for composition, if I had been shooting it, I'd have been inclined to put the crow's nest near the bottom of the frame and add some more space at the top to give the shot a "reaching for the sky" feel. That, I think, is more of a personal taste thing than a reflection on the choices you've made.
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Hi Jesse!

I like your shot a lot. At first I wondered, though, if it was "machine" enough so I consulted my dictionary and found a good technical definition: any device that transmits a force or directs its application. HOLY PERFECT INTERPRETATION, Batman! clap.gifbowdown.gif

The mast of a ship fits that definition perfectly.

And by the way.... it's a great photograph too. Have you considered the application of a colored filter in post to give it some more POP? Just a thought....

James