Please re-instate Windows Loader as MAIN move option!!!

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited September 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Imagine my surprise when my choice of uploaders had been displaced for this Java loader??? What's this about? Java crap has not been all the reliable in my mind anyway.

I have been using the windows loader exclusively, and have a system I use to upload, and locate my files. It's worked GREAT for me, and I NEED the Windows uploader back as a main option.

You know, sometimes, you guys should consider ramifications to your customers before you just go changing stuff!!!

If I have to change my workflow to suite Smugmug's "loader of the month", I'm going to move somewhere where there is consistency eventually. This is rediculous. IF you want to add to our tools, fine. If you want to give a tool a minor new look, fine, but don't go removing features!

This is getting tiring. We either can't upload due to down time, or we can't find what we need to upload. I do not wish to browse my files to find my folder for upload. I drag and drop my files to the uploader, and it's how I wish to continue uploading.

Comments

• emtp563emtp563 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    Imagine my surprise when my choice of uploaders had been displaced for this Java loader??? What's this about? Java crap has not been all the reliable in my mind anyway.

I have been using the windows loader exclusively, and have a system I use to upload, and locate my files. It's worked GREAT for me, and I NEED the Windows uploader back as a main option.

You know, sometimes, you guys should consider ramifications to your customers before you just go changing stuff!!!

If I have to change my workflow to suite Smugmug's "loader of the month", I'm going to move somewhere where there is consistency eventually. This is rediculous. IF you want to add to our tools, fine. If you want to give a tool a minor new look, fine, but don't go removing features!

This is getting tiring. We either can't upload due to down time, or we can't find what we need to upload. I do not wish to browse my files to find my folder for upload. I drag and drop my files to the uploader, and it's how I wish to continue uploading.

I don't care much for the Java Uploader myself. It brings my whole system to a crawl (and it's a powerful system).
    My SmugMug site: http://www.cyclingcaptured.com

Canon EOS 1D & 1D Mark II
    Speedlite 580EX II & 430EX
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS
    Canon 16-35L f/2.8
    Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS
  • LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Oh, FYI, I tried to drag and drop to the window that you use to press browse to locate files, and what does it do? It opens my file in an explorer window for me to see the picture. This don't work-

As well, before going off to get ready for work this morning I used this new loader, and I couldn't even tell the status of my load, just a bar changing, but no accurate status how close my load is to being done as with the windows loader.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 27, 2007
    Lex wrote:

The Simple Uploader (its the first choice in the Windows uploader tab) is not Java, it is an ActiveX control, just like the originlal IE uploader. If thats not the uploader you're using, I suggest giving it a try. It supports drag & drop just like the IE uploader and is much improved from the IE uploader as well (faster image processing, connection fault tolerance, automatic retry).

microsoft_windows_vista-20070827-085616.jpg

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=620580#post620580

Just click the "Other Uploaders" link from the uploader screen to get back to the upload chooser.
    Pedal faster
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    emtp563 wrote:
    I don't care much for the Java Uploader myself. It brings my whole system to a crawl (and it's a powerful system).
    Specifically, which uploader? Are you on Mac or PC?
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:

microsoft_windows_vista-20070827-085616.jpg

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=620580#post620580

Just click the "Other Uploaders" link from the uploader screen to get back to the upload chooser.

I'm draggin and droppin and NOTHING is happening????headscratch.gif The only way I can get this one to work is by going through the button that says add files.rolleyes1.gif
    and FYI it doesn't ask me to install anything, and I don't' get a pop up indicating that I need activeX
    edited August 27, 2007
    cdonovan wrote:
    I'm draggin and droppin and NOTHING is happening????headscratch.gif The only way I can get this one to work is by going through the button that says add files.rolleyes1.gif
    and FYI it doesn't ask me to install anything, and I don't' get a pop up indicating that I need activeX
    Hi,
    Christine, is this FF2 or IE? If IE, which version?
    edited August 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi,
    Christine, is this FF2 or IE? If IE, which version?

I'm running IE Version 7
    edited August 27, 2007
    cdonovan wrote:
    I'm running IE Version 7
    Ok

So, go to tools>manage addons
    add remove addons
    then click the activex control for aurigma
    Delete it.

Then close and reopen IE7

Go to upload
    When you see the "install activeX control" be sure to say yes...

Let us know?
    edited September 12, 2007
    ne_nau.gifStill not working??? it will not allow me to drag and drop...It asked to install the program this time, but it doesn't recognize when I pull the photos from bridgeheadscratch.gif
    edited September 12, 2007
    cdonovan wrote:
    ne_nau.gifStill not working??? it will not allow me to drag and drop...It asked to install the program this time, but it doesn't recognize when I pull the photos from bridgeheadscratch.gif
    Hi Christine, please write our Support Heroes and we'll help you on the desk, okay?