Options

Good Book

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 27, 2005 in The Big Picture
No, it will not help you in photoshop, nor will it do anything for the settings on your camera.

It is called Shutterbabe, is now out in the large size paperback. I blew it off when it was in hardback, now I am hooked and mesmerized.

It is an autobiography by a photojournalist, starting in Afghanistan, a long time ago, in the 80's. Follows her young life as a photojournalist, she is just out of Harvard and living in Paris.

OK, I decided to give it another try because somewhere in the magazine (that I read in Barnes and Noble) Lenswork, it was highly recommended.

I thought about it when Shay was talking about manual settings, and how she says she was doing this just before the digital world changed things, in 1991.
Just little tidbits of info, I don't know that I would recommend it to a non photographer, but most of you are photographers I assume.

Just sharing. Have any of you already read it?

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    I see it all over an auction site, I'll wait for reviews here. Is it available in regular bookstores?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I see it all over an auction site, I'll wait for reviews here. Is it available in regular bookstores?
    There was one copy at BArnes and Noble, large paperback, when I bought mine.
    Since it has really been out awhile, I doubt there would be many reviews.

One thing that is interesting, it is before digital cameras, and I learned photography before digital, so I can relate there.

Also, she goes to so many parts of the world........she was in one of those terrible orphanages in Romania when I left to come in here.

I am enjoying it.

ginger (it might help that I always wanted to be a photojournalist.):D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.