LPS 11 Take Two - ME TOO!

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited August 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
What are the odds? :dunno A friend of mine calls today and we're talking about his latest project and he says to me that they are all finished except for a few glamour shots of the end product....

I volunteered to help out. :wink

Anyone see any possibilities here?

#1 - Title: Custom Design and Fab

188725338-L.jpg

#2 - Title: Admiration

188671460-L.jpg

#3 - Title: :dunno

188733229-L.jpg

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    OK, here are my thoughts. I think you should come back to Idaho. Your shots just seemed to be at a higher level and caliber.

Oh...on these shots. One doesn't do anything for me. Two and three are good. The reflection idea is good but the poses of the two men aren't convincing to me or powerful enough to be a plus. I like the geometric artistic feel of the last. It is my favorite of the three. If you could do a retake and get the right "Man" in the right "man pose" (muscular man in t-shirt with smokes rolled up in his sleeve with arms folded looking tough...). OK...I think that totals up to about $.02

Good luck!
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    OK, here are my thoughts. I think you should come back to Idaho. Your shots just seemed to be at a higher level and caliber.

Must......get.........back........to........................Idaho!

I completely agree with you. October is a possibility; Christmas is already booked!clap.gif

As for LPS11 - I'm afraid you may be right. Maybe I could PS a reflection of the Tetons into the truck fender.......now you're talkin'.

Still trying.....
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    I have to agree witht he above assessment. What would be really cool with the colors of the truck is if you could captured a Harley in the reflection! Even if you didn't win the contest, Harley may drop a couple of bills on you for advertising. clap.gif
    edited August 28, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    I have to agree witht he above assessment. What would be really cool with the colors of the truck is if you could captured a Harley in the reflection! Even if you didn't win the contest, Harley may drop a couple of bills on you for advertising. clap.gif

Travis, Thanks for the thoughts. I may be able to combine your idea with Shatch's idea and have a muscular dude in a Harley T-shirt in the reflection..... or maybe just me in my Harley shirt.... ne_nau.gif

Work with what ya got, ya know....
  • SunsetSailorSunsetSailor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Reflective Guy
    I see the muscular guy with cig, in the relfection looking back down the road he's just traveled - maybe thinkin' of turning around and goin' back...
    Laura
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

Olympus EVolt 500
    [/FONT]
    http://sunsetsailor.smugmug.com
    edited August 29, 2007
    Like the New Version
    It looks good!
    edited August 29, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    It looks good!

Thanks Travis. You and Shatch helped lead me to a fun photo project. And, I got to work out my new AlienBees. Now I'm really dangerous.... rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 29, 2007
    SaltFork wrote:
    Thanks Travis. You and Shatch helped lead me to a fun photo project. And, I got to work out my new AlienBees. Now I'm really dangerous.... rolleyes1.gif

No problem. How do you like the Alien Bees? I have a single 800 and I'm wishing I just bought the whole portrait setup before I saddled myself with a mortgage.
    edited August 29, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    No problem. How do you like the Alien Bees? I have a single 800 and I'm wishing I just bought the whole portrait setup before I saddled myself with a mortgage.

I'm really liking the AB's so far. I just got them yesterday - got 2 800's, 2 light stands, 2 carrying bags, 2 radio receivers, 1 radio transmitter, and 2 umbrellas. Customer service was great; one of my umbrellas was the wrong model and they are sending me the correct one and told me to keep the wrong one for my trouble. :D

I've got absolutely no experience with studio lighting - but so far it's all working exactly like they say it is supposed to. I did the shot of myself in the Harley t-shirt this morning and had no problems....