Youth Football.....

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited August 29, 2007 in Sports
The football season has finally started!! Here are sone shots from the first game of the seas.....thanks for looking, comments welcome...........John

1. Classic "Drop Back to Pass" quarterback shot
187867358-L.jpg

2. Going down the hard way.
187867645-L.jpg

3. Stiff(somewhat) arm to the face.
187867873-L.jpg

4. Tossing a would be tackler aside.
187868104-L.jpg

5. Defensive pursuit
188290408-L.jpg

Comments

• ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Awesome pics, and great captures! My 11 year old son plays football as well, and we are just beginning the season. I can't wait for the 1st game! I hope to capture some like these. May I ask the info on these?
    Shannon :D
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
    www.heatonphotography.net
    http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
    www.myspace.com/heatonphotography
  • northphotonorthphoto Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Nice shots John, I think the images will benifit from a little boost in contrast, this whill help get rid of some of that haze in the photos. I am at work and using a POS laptop, so it may look different on my mac at home.

Cheers,

Paul.
  • CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    COOL, #3 & #4 are my faves! Thanks for sharing.
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    northphoto wrote:
    Nice shots John, I think the images will benifit from a little boost in contrast, this whill help get rid of some of that haze in the photos. I am at work and using a POS laptop, so it may look different on my mac at home.

They look fine on my computer... Nice work! Good Crisp captures.
    Regards

Will
    Great work! I just began shooting little league football for the first time and am having trouble getting their faces exposed properly, they're usually pretty shadowed. What settings are you using. I have a 70-200 2.8 (no IS) and a Canon XTi. I generally only shoot when the action gets closer but still not much luck. The games start at 12p.m and go to after 6 p.m (4 levels of players).
    Katie