Against all rules,

Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
edited February 27, 2005 in People
Say hi to the newlyweds, processed against all rules with the blown out dress, facial features... It's my sis and her husband as of yesterday, now I'm off to process 500 pics... Hope you like it
*In my mind it IS real*
Michiel de Brieder
http://www.digital-eye.nl

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Nice style! Blown out highlights but look at the detail of the jacket fabric. Sweet! thumb.gif

I look forward to seeing some more shots from the wedding. Oh, and congrats to your sis and BIL.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    I think it's a really nice shot and congratulations.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Very nice contrasts. I tend to want to up the exposure on my pics a lot. I think in a copule of months I'll be drinking bad coffee, sitting on an uncomfprtable folding chair, and standing up and saying "Hello, my name is Keith, and I'm an over-exposure-holic. lol3.gif
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Cool shot - I agree the "blown out" look works here. I think by taking away much of the facial detail it makes you focus on their eyes and their smiles, which really tell the whole story. Share more when you can!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    greg, I like your signature.

I trip over that line quite often.umph.gif
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Beautiful shot Michiel! Show us more!

And congratulations to the newlyweds!! 120103_emTE55_prv.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Very nice shot, Michiel. A perfect photo for a wedding, personalized.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Wow, thanks all!!
    It was a wonderful wedding, and my sis begged me and a friend of mine to take the officials and party pics.... After insisiting that we were not up to standard of an official wedding photog she still wanted us...
    I'm hoping to get some pics done during the week, because we've got a lot, especially the formals need some attention. But I think we both have the inspiration to make something of it.
    Thanks everybody for stopping by and as soon as I have more, I will definitely show you!!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl