Some recent Low key shots

CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 28, 2007 in People
Working with one flash on a black background. Trying to get a spotlight/dreamy effect.

188910010-M-1.jpg

188910449-M.jpg
I use only Canon cameras and glass
www.portraitwhisperer.com

Comments

• HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    I like them. Very nice work with the soft dreamy look; not too much, just enough. Forehead on the second shot may be a bit shiney, but all in all, very fine work.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    Nice try on these shots. I can see editing work on the first shot, to be specific, on her forehead, i see some pinkish tint, you must have tried to eliminate shines. Just my guess.
    To link your photos, you need to enable external links from your gallery in your control panel. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • enriqueenrique Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2007
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Working with one flash on a black background. Trying to get a spotlight/dreamy effect. Sorry for the low res crap quality...for some reason I can't link photos in my smugmug galleries to this forum.

I think you did a great job. FANTATSTIC!!!!!! Heck I love them to get that dreamy look just right is like having a 'soft touch' in basketball. to bank the shot off the backboard. clap.gif
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2007
    More samples
    Here are a couple more poses from that same shoot. The subject is the 17 yr old daughter of a friend.

188365910-L-1.jpg

188909021-L.jpg
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com