Options

Bridge v. Elements Organizer

Duffy PrattDuffy Pratt Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited August 28, 2007 in Finishing School
For the past year and half or so, I have been using a hodgepodge of PS CS and Elements 3. I used PS for editing, and the organizer in Elements for tracking pictures, sending e-mail attachments, and for basic printing. This process is a bit cumbersome, but has some advantages -- mainly the convenience of automatic "version" stacks of the same photo, and the automation of resizing attachments for e-mails.

I just got CS3, which has a beefed up version of Bridge. It now seems to do some of what I liked about the Elements organizer, but I'm not sure if it can do everything. And I still haven't decided if there is anything that it does better than the Elements organizer.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I'm basically trying to figure out if Bridge is worth learning and using, instead of what I've patched together the last couple of years. Is there stuff that it offers which has distinct advantages over the organizer in Elements?

FWIW, I have about 3-4000 pictures stored now, and add a few hundred each month. (I also delete as much as I can every month).

I might also be interested in hearing about other solutions to organizing a photo collection which will likely grow to about 10-15K pictures in the next several years. But keep in mind, I just spent the money on CS3, so I can't afford now to shell out another $300 to Adobe for Lightroom.

Thanks,

Duffy