Opinions???

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited August 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have an entry in already...but I did this shoot, and was thinking of changing up...Not sure...Still Debating...Hey, what can I say I'm female..lol:D

Any Ideas, Thoughts, Opinions?? All Appreciated!!

1. Stamina?...Perseverance?..Goliath??? LOL....
275027115.jpg

2. Pump Up The Volume

275027114.jpg

Thanks Everyone....
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

What to Do...What To Do... 12 votes

75% 9 votes
0% 0 votes
#3 Keep present LPS Entry
25% 3 votes

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Number 1 is way more dramatic, but soft (on purpose?) I think it would be better with the body builder sharp like in #2... number 2 looks posed or staged... If it is a toss up between the 3 shots I would go with #1... Did you try converting to B&W? to see how it would look? I don't like the fan...

Winston
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    This concept was one that I had thought of, but I was going to put a female weighlifter in it, all the better to confuse the them!!!

I llke #1 the best, but I think you need to do something to even out the shadow-flash by putting it up against a darker bacground or using two flashes...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    The fan shot is OK but it lacks something. I prefer #1. I love the intensity on the guy's face.

Have you tried sharpening that one a bit to bring out the beads of sweat more? I'd also crop it some from the top and the bottom to make it more square.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    #1. I don't mind the effects of the flash or the slight softness and I really like the treatment. There is drama and soul in it. Personally, I see people pushing so hard on the technical side of their entries that they lose the heart. It may not be the way to win, but keep the heart I say. Which doesn't mean that trying two lights and a darker background isn't a good idea. Maybe it will work as well or better. Just the same, I think i#1 is a compelling photograph the way it is. Oh, and it fits the theme very well too.

Virginia

Email
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    #1 over the others. I agree on the sharpness as a personal preference for this type of shot. I think that it can be oversharpened using a 2-pass LAB technique to really sculpt the image. The only issue is the focus, judging by the letters on the dumbell (the one in the photo, not me!). Was the photo blurred in PP? If not, then sharpening may not have that much of an effect or may possibly detract from the image.

I liked the fan photo for sharpness, lighting, and composition, but agree that it was missing that additional something (tentacionization mwink.gif) to push it over the top and distinguish it against the other entries.
  • avrilavril Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 29, 2007
    avril
    rolleyes1.gif i love the humour in your current entry. The title, "Florida's Cool Breeze", is a blast!! And, the name "Achiever" on the fan is just perfect.
    It speaks more to me than the strong man pictures.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Just wanted to thank EVERYONE for your opinions, critique, and comments. It was truly appreciated.

Although, I liked my Florida's Cool Breeze entry, I Loved the lines, the blur of the blades, and above all.."RUDD "Achiever"...made me laugh...It appears that only 1 person understood the composition...THANK YOU AVRIL...

It is true what Travis and Richters stated...I also felt it was missing lacking some of my personality..it needed more "Tentacionization"...:D

Mark, I changed the background just for you...

I took all your thoughts and ideas into account and hope that I interpreted, and incorporated your ideas into my present entry...Thank you for taking the time!!

Travis..Thank You..for the Title..."DUMB BELL"... I feel that definently hits the theme..Laughing.gifLaughing.gif ...lmao (I crack myself up...No Male Bashing here):D

Flyinggina, Thank You...This guy OMG..I thought his arm was gonna fall off at the end..Laughing.gif He put his heart into pumping that piece of metal..What can ya say it is a male thing..Laughing.gif...

Thanks Everyone....if nothing else...I get to PLAY with my creations, which is something I enjoy doing...

Good Luck All!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote