Twinkie

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited August 30, 2007 in People
Our family was visiting the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. This is my son enjoying one of the exotic treats. I shot him taking the big bite, then I turned and shot the vending cart. I thought I'd combine the shots so that no caption was needed. Does it work?

188630788-M.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    50 views and not one comment. I guess it doesn't say much to anyone. It's the typical summer vacation stuff. But, I like it. It may get some comments at the office posted on the "cube" wall.
  • kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I think it is a fun picture! Very creative, i looked at it early but was in a hurry and didn't ahve time to post anything. It is one for the scrap book.
  • Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I like it, I think it tells the story perfectly. :D
    Katie
    edited August 29, 2007
    kyeezie wrote:
    I think it is a fun picture! Very creative, i looked at it early but was in a hurry and didn't ahve time to post anything. It is one for the scrap book.

Thanks for stopping by again Kyeezie. I appreciate the comment. It will get printed and saved in the old family album.
    edited August 29, 2007
    Katie Beth wrote:
    I like it, I think it tells the story perfectly. :D

Thanks Katie, the day was worth a story. I appreciate the comment.:D
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Susan, it's a fun shot, but i think it's a little too bright. :o)
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 29, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Susan, it's a fun shot, but i think it's a little too bright. :o)

Yeah, that midday sun is harsh. I'll try to work on it a bit and see what I can do. Thanks for the comment.
    edited August 29, 2007
    I went back to the original RAW file and started over. This one is probably more natural. Thanks for the input. I do like this better for the skin tones and correcting the flatness of the facial features. I don't like that it's harder to see his eyes through the dark glasses.

189466648-L.jpg
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    It is a fun shot...but I'm not a fan of pictures with sunglasses; not sure why. I guess I'm just a picky people photographer.

Although I must admit after seeing this photo I now have a craving for a twinkie and a pickle together!rolleyes1.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 30, 2007
    love the pic-

took me a while to realize you had thought balloons there, not signs-

duh!-

seneca, does your craving mean you're preggers?-
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    I think it is a fun shot! I didn't realize they were thought bubbles, I thought it was a sign on the building until I took a double take! :)
    edited August 30, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    It is a fun shot...but I'm not a fan of pictures with sunglasses; not sure why. I guess I'm just a picky people photographer.

Although I must admit after seeing this photo I now have a craving for a twinkie and a pickle together!rolleyes1.gif

I also hate pictures with sunglasses, but my daughter-in-law is an optometrist and she insists that everyone protect their eyes from the sun. They would not take them off and would have squinted big time if they did. I can still see that his eyes are closed in ecstasy through the glasses. Although, I think it was more visible in the lighter version. I guess I could have had him take off the glasses since his eyes are closed. Oh well, I gave up on arguing with him. I took pictures with sunglasses all day.
    edited August 30, 2007
    k2butter wrote:
    I think it is a fun shot! I didn't realize they were thought bubbles, I thought it was a sign on the building until I took a double take! :)

Yes, they are thought bubbles. I used layers with the second image behind the bubbles. It took some work in PS, but I think it works.

Twinkies are terrible food. And, really bad stuff if deep fried. But, he had to try it because it was so strange. I tried a bite. It didn't taste too bad. Extremely sweet and totally unhealthy, but warm and gooey. mwink.gif

Thanks all for the comments.
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    I think it's fun and since your son was experimenting with the food, why not experiment with the image :)

I too had trouble separating the thought bubbles, and wonder (insert bubble) what if you used a drop shadow effect to make the separation between building and bubble easier to grasp??

Just a bubble...
    Take care,
    - Deanna